Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 12 year old twin wondering where to start. I have a shotgun and my twin brother has a pistol. (My old pistol broke.) So We obviously don't have all that good guns but it's the gun wielder that counts. I'm going to buy a pistol (to be fair) so we can have an airsoft war.

We want just a one on one pistol fight as we are new to airsoft. We shot each other each once out of curiosity to see how bad it hurt so I have a rough idea. We have eye protection already but I'm wondering, if there is anything else we need? Being beginners should we double layer or something? Is there anything other people have done for their first battle? Safety, techniques, preparation, etc.?

I was also wondering is there any "game" or technique to get adjusted to the BBs? Maybe like we take turns unloading a clip of BBs onto each other with the pistol?

As you can see we are a little paranoid with the small amount of experience getting shot. I hope everyone helps out and I hope this thread will help out others in the future.

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Okay well I started when I was 10 with a springer so similar beginnings. My advice is:

Get proper goggles, ballistics rated ones not ski goggles or shades as they break way too easily. Also in the long run is is a very worthwhile investment.

Pistol wise, just grab a nice metal springer as it will do you good even after you have got into the sport with AEGs etc.

Don't bother double layering it really doesn't hurt that much, especially with the FPSs that springers shoot at, just man up and take the pain, it will only sting for a few seconds also that way you know you are hit so theres no cheat accusations etc as I imagine things could get rather fired up between twins.

Grab something like a scarf, balaclava, bandana etc and use it to cover the lower half of your face. Will stop some pain from kneck shots (which can really sting) and also it's a lot nicer than losing your teeth.

Get a good pair of boots, despite the cost of $70+ it is very worth it for the comfort and a lot better than broken ankles & lots of strains, twists etc.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER play in public. Seeing as you only have springers keep it to fenced off gardens or similar do not run out on the street or around suburbs as being mistaken as some kid with his dads gun would be all too easy.

Look on AirsoftGI or Evike (etc) and grab a nice big bag of .2g BBs. Even split the cost between you as I'm sure you wont get through them that quickly with only 1 shot springers. It will be well worth it as you will get better accuracy and range with these BBs and there is no chance of damaging your gun as cheap, low quality BBs can do real nasty things to the internals.

NEVER lubricate your gun with WD40 or similar. ONLY use 100% silicon based lubricants, even most of the silicon lube from walmart etc has petroleum components so check that it's 100% silicon as oil/petroleum/gas based lubes can damage some of the internals of the gun as it basically causes them to melt.

When you have enjoyed plinking at eachother and you are interested in the sport more (or maybe not and you quit) then get a nice AEG from a manufacturer like Jing Gong (JG), Echo 1, DBoys, Guay Guay (G&G [plastica range]), Cyma, A&K, AGM or a couple others. Do not get a bolt action no matter how epic pro sniper you want to feel like because for a first 'proper' gun you will only be disapointed. There are all too many kids who want to be an OMGEESNIPER and just quit because they can't kill anything etc. Sniping in airsoft is absolutely NOTHING like in films or video games. As said, a nice AEG will be a lot more worth it (And not a cheap plastic LPEG one from walmart)

But most importantly have fun. Getting shot isn't really painful, nothing like paintball so theres nothing to worry about. You are more likely to be hurt by scraping a knee of a rock or something of that ilk.

Slang used within this forum, my post & airsoft in general:

Springer: Manually cycled/cocked spring pistol
LPeg: Low Priced electric gun (They suck tbh, avoid at all cost)
AEG: High quality automatic electric gun (primary style of weapon used in airsoft, good range, accuracy & rate of fire)
AEP/EAP: Automatic electric pistol (pistol version of an AEG, not quite as good performers due to limited space for motor etc but still nice and a definate large step up from a springer)
GBB: Gas Blow Back (Pistols and Rifles. Can be powered by CO2, Compressed Air, Propane, Green Gas etc. Kicks back like a real gun giving limited but existing recoil)
NBB: Same as GBB but they dont 'blow back'
Bolt Action: Basically a big beefy springer with a high powered spring & a long, tight barrell. You're joe average sniper rifle.
ACM: All China Made (a big of japlish as I like to call it. basically means the less expensive (but still fantastic) AEGs made by chinese manufacturers instead of Japanese or Taiwanese manufacturers)

Good Trusted sellers:

USA: AirsoftGI, Evike, AEX
UK: Action Hobbys, Airsoft World, Wolf Armouries, Fire Support
HK: ehobbyasia, ebaybanned*

*ebaybanned aren't bad & criminal as the name may suggest.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I luckily already have nice goggles, hiking boots, and my mom has a few bandanas. (Don't ask why because I have no clue.) So I'm all set with safety. As for lubricant, I can just buy some for 5$ online. Surprisingly I already know WD40 is bad for your gun so no worries there. (I read online not to use WD40 when looking at the lubricant.)

Manning up does sound like the best idea. Earlier today me and my brother went out back and shot each other a few times with both the pistol and shotgun.

Our mom is soon going to remarry so we moved a while ago. We now have two Wiis so we can sell one. You're probably wondering "What does airsofting have to do with a Wii?". Me and my brother are going to use some of the Wii money on some better guns. Possibly AEGs, maybe just some spring rifles, but the amount of money we spend depends on how much money we earn off the Wii. Most of the money from the Wii will be going to our Xbox 360 fund. ^_^

Well back on topic ... Thanks for your help Robin-Hood.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Spring UTG Remington 870 Special Ops Shotgun FPS-330 Airsoft Gun. If you double pump it you can get 2 BBs (or even 3 or 4) to shoot instead of 1. This simulates a shotgun but is it safe for the gun? I haven't put any lubricant on it since I bought it. (Which I will soon).

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remember I have a twin so I only get half the cash. We are still keeping games and controllers so we're not making all that much off of it. I don't think with half the Wii money I can get a 100$ gun even with a coupon. Anyone else have a suggestion?

· Registered
1,091 Posts
For the most part, yes.

Hobbytron sells overpriced, low quality guns.

Try airsoftgi.com for reliability, almost every gun they sell will perform 100 times better than the best gun Hobbytron has.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.