Airsoft website

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by KDAalternative, Oct 25, 2012.

1. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    I am making my airsoft teams website. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for stuff to put on it. Please moderators if this is a useless thread please delete it.

2. fradd

fradd New Member

Yeah like the guy above posted, weebly makes pretty nice sites.

But you gotta have weebly in the title...

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    If you pay for your own domain you can take it out. It like that on every free site

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Or if you're cheap but have a home comp you leave on 24/7, purchase the domain name which is typically about $10 or less depending on the name, then host it from your house.

Aside from that here are a few tips for successful team websites...
    Pick 1 color scheme and layout and STICK TO IT
    Keep it basic: Intro, a little about the team, where you guys play, and events you HAVE attended as your team
    State whether or not you're accepting new players and qualifications IN DETAIL. Also list teammate requirements.
    Have a multimedia section for pictures and video, don't clutter them around the site.
    Include a contact page
    Last but not least, keep it simple. So many teams go OVERBOARD and although they love it, it pushes many people away.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    The only down side to that is that if your computer goes down, so does your site. Weebly offers you their servers for a domain at:

1 Year $39.95
    2 Years $33.95/year (15% discount)
    5 Years $29.95/year (25% discount)
    10 Years $24.99/year (37% discount)
    (Compare to $394.63 at GoDaddy)

All you get out of it is the domain name change so it really isnt worth it unless your really care about having weebly in the url