Airsoft Youtube Reviewers

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by masterpro72, Nov 2, 2012.

1. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

How do they afford all of the guns they get for the reviews? Somewhere I heard that the company sends them guns in order for them to be reviewed? Is this true?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh if they are that popular then yeah I'm sure it happens to some people, others have money to spend.

3. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Certain airsofting youtubers gain sponorships with specific Airsoft Retailers.

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if you make videos that hit millions of viewers and talk to a company, they may take you on as a partner. They get the free guns because they are partners and they know that their reviews will be seen by a wide audience.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Any of the following answers would explain why. Feel free to mix and match.

- They use their own guns
    - The use their friends guns
    - They trade often
    - They are constantly buying and selling guns
    - They make relationships with local shops and briefly borrow the gun
    - They are sponsored by stores who send them guns to review
    - They steal them from other players on the field, then claim it's their own
    - They're sleeping with airsoft gun manufactures <-- this is the most common

6. JoeXAirsoft

JoeXAirsoft New Member

on WhatAreYouBuyen's blog they said Evike sent them a free gun once, but when they posted the review, Evike said they didn't like the video. They spend all their money or they get it from their parents? haha Idk! They say its all their money!

7. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    I think 90% of the guns they get they buy with their own money from Evike.

8. Raptor282

Raptor282 New Member

Manassas
    It called a job..... or if they are partnered they receive money from add revenue on their videos and use that to buy guns.

9. WillB

WillB New Member

Ponca City
    Lol. Almost all of you guys are WRONG.

1. 99% of the reviews you see make almost NOTHING from YouTube partnerships.

2. Channels under 1000 subs are very RARELY going to receive ANYTHING from sponsors.

3. Airsoft retailers DO sponsor people. But I don't know why you guys mention Evike, because they require 50k subs, and that's almost no one. (I believe BigBoss is the only one that received gun from them.)

Also, ALOT of the guns you see in reviews are sent back after the review. Usually the reviewer gets paid in Store Credit for that store. (Airsoft Station)

I don't recommend trying to be a reviewer, because its EXTREMELY hard to get lots of subs, and sponsorships. Don't Even try unless you are already a avid videographer.

Many rumors about us YouTubers are WRONG. Let me know if you have other questions I can answer.

10. JoeXAirsoft

JoeXAirsoft New Member

So you make youtube videos? Do you have a partnership? I'm interested haha how much do you make per month? whats your views per month?

11. WillB

WillB New Member

Ponca City
    I'm just a small channel. But I personally know any name you could think of off YouTube for Airsoft.

Partners are now very selective now, a couple months ago lots of people were partners. Now for us, it's called Monentization.

I'm not allowed to release how much I or anyone I know makes off YouTube.

Also I mainly do a podcast right now. (Lil_Shady is a CoHost).

I know people like Jai from EpicAirsoftHD, Blake, Bo, and John from American MilSim, Mule from Airsoft Megastore, Allen KWA Product Manager, Andy and Cliff from Elite Force, Infidel Team, Rainbow Team, and the list goes one.

The most I've heard of a YouTuber Airsoft making was under $2000 on one video. And it had a ton of views. No one makes that much anymore though.

Any other questions feel free.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  12. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Many are sponsored, unfortunately many are also dilettantes.

13. WillB

WillB New Member

Ponca City
    SHLUNKA???? LOL

It's RBairsoft/BBSlinger from ASF.

And yes. Many big sponsored reviewers are very biased on their products they receive.

14. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Lol, here's a list:
    Evike=Matrix
    ASGI=Lancer Tactical or KWA
    Redwolf=TM
    AMS=Double eagle XD

15. WillB

WillB New Member

Ponca City
    Those are retailers. Although they are sponsored, and are biased because they want to sell stuff. I was more talking about third party.

16. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Then I wanna be sponsored by Redwolf.... Unless I can grab one of them KWA KRISSs....

17. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well I was talking about the retailers being biased. If redwolf handed out TMs...<3

18. JoeXAirsoft

JoeXAirsoft New Member

whats your channel? I'd be happy to watch your vids :)

I'm just using WhatArEYouBuyen as an example cause I just got all obsessed with them recently, but anyways, http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/WhatAreYouBuyen

it says they make $10 - $90 a DAY!

That's like working full time?! Is that really accurate or maybe its somewhere in the middle? Just trying to know how the money of the internet flows!!! :0

19. WillB

WillB New Member

Ponca City
    We had recently ( Like 4 days ago) had to make a new channel. We haven't uploaded all our old Podcasts but we are working on it. Only one update video.

I closed my old channel to work on this one.

Www.youtube/TheAirsoftPodcast

You can search "TheAirsoftPodcast" in YouTube to listen to one of our old episodes. Soon all those will be on the channel above.

We basically have to regroup our numbers.

I'll be on Airsoftologys next podcast after Shot Show though.

And On the days they post a video and the days following they may make $90, but on the non video days I'm sure they make under $10.

20. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Not gonna lie I don't really care for Airsoftology, but then again I haven't been impressed by a podcast since teh Deadrag days. I do like Gorilla Airsoft though.