Airsofters in South Florida (Coconut Creek Boca Raton area)

Discussion in 'Florida Airsoft Forum' started by Animal_Mother, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Animal_Mother

Animal_Mother New Member

me and about 8 of my friends are looking for a new field with 20 mins of our area we go to hotshots but its 40 mins away (even tho we make the drive in 25 ;) ) and is getting to expensive to go there and they only hold games on Sunday. were lookin for a place we can play on Saturday.

we used to go to a field on Copans and Federal (its in pompano) which was a local park where airsoft was allowed, but some people wanted to use the benches for something are and we had our gear on it and were using them(first come first serve, so we had the right) so the A**holes called the cops and made some bogus complaint which got us kicked out. i went back there a few days ago and saw no signs prohibiting airsoft. I'm researching the local laws and if there is nothing against it we will resume play over there and ill let every one know so we can get more peeps comin out.

2. Tadpole

Tadpole New Member

Soon to be in Austin, TX.
    I know the place.

I know the park you are talking about. It's the one where you make that turn by Offerdahl's off of Federal. I understand that airsoft is still cool there and the police are more than aware and cool about it. I know it's a slight bother but what if you converted the opening just inside where you walk in into a staging area and lay tarps or something? I had thought about it a few times since I always worry that some "concerned mommy" type might take one look at us and first thing they do is, you guessed it, grab their phone. If they had their way they'd make us dress like them too.
    I was thinking of making a sign to be able to put up blocking the trail going in to warn the public about "airsoft event in progress" and "proper safety equipment" and "eye hazard" just to help cover our asses. But yea, go ring the Sheriff's office and double and triple confirm everything. I'd like to know what you find out.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

south
    I hate when that stuff happens. How old are you guys?

4. Animal_Mother

Animal_Mother New Member

replied to ur pm

5. Animal_Mother

Animal_Mother New Member

ya thats the field. im guessing you've played there before? because i've herd that exact sign idea from some one there lol.
    and yeah i'm working on checking with the BSO office. ill keep you updated.

6. reppihcs

reppihcs New Member

des moines
    If you are talking about the field at federal and NE 24th st.
    the field is back open.
    if you guys now hobie and his dad. well hobie's dad talked to the city and the city is now alowing use to play there now.

big games there are one Saturday.
    people start showing up at around 8 am. and start to leave at like 6ish

7. Animal_Mother

Animal_Mother New Member

yeah i know Hobie. That's good to know. who is this?

8. reppihcs

reppihcs New Member

des moines
    i think hobies dad went to a city council meeting and talked to them. im not 100% sure

9. reppihcs

reppihcs New Member

des moines
    were is the airsoft store. is it bye the field

10. Tadpole

Tadpole New Member

Soft Air Depot, last I was there, is on Federal Hwy about one block North of Commercial Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale on the East side of the road going North in a small plaza like building facing the road.

11. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

south
    I'm assuming the field is down NE 24th st?
    Where's a good place to park?

12. freakj61

freakj61 New Member

are you guys talking about the park located in lighthouse point right next to the inter coastal water way?

13. reppihcs

reppihcs New Member

des moines
    yes. it is at lighthouse point, and a good place to park is in the parking lot at the park

14. Tadpole

Tadpole New Member

There's rarely many people around except maybe in the pavilion. Parking is no problem. I just keep everything in bags for when I get to the picnic tables.

15. freakj61

freakj61 New Member

ya my little bros having his birthday party there sunday so there should be a bunch of people to play

16. SACGNS

SACGNS New Member

we play at exchange in lhp every sunday and some saturdays

17. Tadpole

Tadpole New Member

Was a guy named Josh, a manager at Denny's of Deerfield there for the party? I know him and he told me that day he was going to "shoot kids with BBs for a birthday event". I'm wondering if it was the same event.:)

18. freakj61

freakj61 New Member

19. Tadpole

Tadpole New Member

I'll ask him how it was next time I see him and ask him where all he got shot.:p

20. freakj61

freakj61 New Member

haha nice ya me him and a few more guys are tring to start are own little group or team wat ever you wana call it we even found some one to sponsor us possibly