AirsoftSociety Beginners to-do List! (New? Read this!)

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by CaptFysh, Jun 29, 2011.

1. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    Hello, and welcome to AirsoftSociety! Please enjoy your time with us, but we only ask that you look through this little "To-do" list so you can get yourself situated!
    Step 1: Make an Intro thread!
    Us here at AirsoftSociety would appreciate it if you would go to the Introductions subforum and introduce yourself! All you need to do is make a Thread in that subforum, and tell us a little bit about yourself! What sorts of games do you like? What do you do other than airsoft? Etc, etc.
    Here's a link to the subforum: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f35/
    And put some effort into it. For example:
    Hi! I'm CaptFysh, and I like playing outdoor airsoft! I currently have 2 guns, but one is currently out. I love Airsoft, Playing guitar, and hanging out with friends. I want to make a Marine impression, if someone could PM me something about that, any help would be appreciated! I'm currently 13 and a student. Hope to see y'all around!
    -Fysh

See how this fine gentleman introduced himself? That's a great way to go about it!

Step 2: Be friendly, ask around! And CHECK THE RULES!
    Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like! We only ask that you google it first if you can, and be specific with your questions! We're more than happy to help with any problems or decisions, but please put some effort into asking them! Google and the search bar on our website are useful tools in your airsoft career. This link is a great way to ask a question: (Thanks, 4Pekatt!) http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f88/how-ask-help-24248/
    Just please post your questions in the appropriate section. Ask for gun suggestions in the Which gun? section. Thanks!

Step 3:Finding Fields in your Area
    Look at your local forums to find events, stores, and fields in your area! AirsoftSociety is a Worldwide forum with members from all over the globe. Your local forums would be a much easier place to find stuff in your area!
    For US States:
    Alabama Airsoft Forum - Front PageAlabama Airsoft Forum - Front Page
    Airsoft Alaska | The first airsoft organization in Alaska
    AirsoftArizona
    http://www.arairsoft.net/- Arkansas
    Southern California Airsoft League
    Airsoft Colorado | Colorado Airsoft Games & Resources
    And so on and so forth. Just google "Airsoft [your state name], you'll find something.
    For the UK and Ireland:
    AirSoft Ireland - News
    Land Warrior Skirmishing - Airsoft Site in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Players of War Airsoft
    Manchester and Northwest of England Airsoft Community
    Local forums are always best when asking for Field info!

Remember to check out all of our forum! Whether you're asking questions or answering them, have fun!
    -Fysh

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    You might mention checking the rules thread, oops, guess I just did. :)

3. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    Oh god, how did I forget that! :p I'll get right on that when my computer fixes it's self.

4. Shadow131

Shadow131 Active Member

Buffalo
  5. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
  6. Shadow131

Shadow131 Active Member

Buffalo
    You're welcome. :)

Hopefully this helps the new members out a little, provided they actually read it.

7. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    Yeah. It'd be cool if it auto PM'd new members with this. But who knows.

Noobpod, it doesn't really matter. I don't think I ever made one :p

8. wiseman

wiseman Active Member

9. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    Thanks! Now you have to read it in a cave Johnson voice! Otherwise, its not as good. :p

10. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    Adding a few things, more colors :p

11. Scarred

Scarred Active Member

This is a good thread. These are very helpful tips. Keep up the good work!

12. L5132

L5132 Active Member

Duluth
    Thread is meant to explain what to do, not to put your own introduction here. You can post that in a new thread in the introductions sub-forum, located HERE: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f35/

13. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Wow, Fysh... Add another couple hundred e-points to your cache. You get 1,000,000 more if you'd just come back online....

14. neotheone

neotheone New Member

15. Paul rotledge

Paul rotledge New Member

warwick
    Thanks for your advice it was very helpful and I appreciate the time and energy you put forth for the benefit of us new guys.