Ak 74's

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by dinoking1, Dec 5, 2012.

1. dinoking1

dinoking1 New Member

I was just wondering about Ak 74's. I would like to have one in the future and want to know the best brands and versions. Preferably I would want one with rails around 350-400 fps but thats not to important. I also like a good rof and for to be decently accurate. Im willing to pay 100-250 dollars but if its worth it I will pay a bit more. Also any accessory's or upgrades would be nice to know about. I've been looking at the cyma's are they any good?

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    which is not important? the rails or the fps? lol

CYMA is a good AK brand. any of the ak-74's will suffice. just pic a model you like first.

you can do anytype of upgrade you want really. its a version 3 gearbox. wide range of internal parts.

external accessories are a little limited as well being an AK model. but doesnt mean you cant do alot. All in the imagination of the owner.

With an RIS front end you have external capabilities. Along with different types of stocks (Side, Under, Full). Scope mounts and so on

3. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    For your price range, Cyma and Dboys is the way to go. I'm not familiar with the Dboys specific models, but from what I know and who I've talked with, they are excellent for the price.

The best Cyma AK74 so far is the CM048. It has real wood and a stamped steel receiver (Some of the other external features are pot metal, but a good part, including the big pieces are steel). The one I used shot straight as an arrow and was actually pretty quiet.

I do take issue with the plastic AK74 mags with the plastic mag "hook"(whatever the word for the part in the front that locks into the magwell, can't remember at the time). They break very easily. I myself have broken 2. Find some mags with metal latches on them or use metal Ak47 mags if you are feeling rebellious.

4. dinoking1

dinoking1 New Member

I know that the Ak74 and the Ak74u are pretty different but what about the Ak74u's what are some of their good brands and I would most likely want the rails a little bit more than the fps but i want the fps to be decent still. And i have heard if the mags being bad too. Would cyma still be a good choice for a ak74u.

5. schueller

schueller New Member

Dodgeville
    Yes! I have one, it is a fantastic starting weapon, especially for upgrading.

6. dinoking1

dinoking1 New Member

Good to know I really like the look of them. Just wondering is the CM035a the gun you have and if so what is the fps like out of the box.

7. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    I have an echo1 ak74u and I love it!
    It gives me the distance I need! I've had it since march and other the gears stripping (because I don't lube it for a while) it's a great gun. I got it from airsoft Atlanta

Scratch that I have a 47 u but its amazing

8. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    My CM035a after upgrading it to exactly how I like it

[​IMG]

*tear rolls down cheeks* My baby...

lol in all seriousness though, wicked gun. True workhorse. Just do a little basic tuning when you get it, and boom it'll take you through room clearances, down the hall way out the building straight into the woods.

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Nice :) ever want to replace the flashider?

10. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I've got a 220mm silencer I use when I install my 430mm prommy barrel. Other than that I'm pretty happy :)

Assuming you had something to sell? I live in the UK anyway mate shipping would be a biatch lol

11. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Well there's some good airsoft shops out there right? Lol

Check out ArniesAirsoft lol.
    Old school forum lol

12. bal1

bal1 New Member

Ics makes a couple different 74 models. All of them very nice.