Ak dmr?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Hartman96, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I have a buddy that wants to do a DMR but does not want your normal base and instead wants to make an AK based one. We looked it up and I believe it was Iraq? that has a real steal AK DMR. What would be a good base and upgrades?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

An AK is actually an excellent DMR platform in airsoft. It has a very rigid outerbarrel and generally stable construction. A CYMA fullmetal AK should do the trick, they are cheap but are very well built. Then you just do all the usual DMR upgrades and tweaks to it.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    As NorTech said, the AK is a very solid platform to build upon. However I recommend getting a DBOYs WS series AK. Very solid guns. Very solid, indeed. A CYMA would do you just fine though.

4. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I was thinking the cyma (I'm please with my m14). Would there be a way to put a longer inner barrel in it and cover it (and make it look good) besides a suppressor? What model CYMA would be the best?

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Why do you want a longer barrel? A longer barrel won't improve range or accuracy, the stock barrel length is actually pretty optimal. The higher the model number, the better.

6. PnutButtaToast

PnutButtaToast New Member

South Bend
  7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    SVD Sport, I think that's what it's called lol
    It's pretty much an AK with SVD front end and stock.

V3 GB are tough.

8. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville