AK wiring help please

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by BRTSoloWing, Aug 27, 2012.

1. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    Hey guys iv been rebuilding a AK 47, and iv come across this wiring problem. If the wire is fully extended out of stock it shoots fine but if it is tucked into the stock it shorts and stops shooting. My question is would it be better to remove plug,shortening wiring and hard wire it or replace plug with dean connectors?

ForumRunner_20120827_123121.jpg

ForumRunner_20120827_123146.jpg

2. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Cookeville
    Personally, I would ditch the first set of connectors and "hard wire" it.

I'm not sure what significant benefit there would be to keeping a set of connectors there.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Those connectors are mostly to make it easier to disassemble or something. you could just replace the entire wireharness with new low resistance 18AWG silicone wire. 16AWG will most likely not fit in the pistol grip.

4. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Okay thanks guys, I'm going to remove it and hardwire it together.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just make sure that the fuse housing can fit through the hole in the stock before you do that. I have to have 2 connectors between the stock and gearbox in my AK. That's because the mosfet can't fit through the hole in the stock.

6. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    On my ak (which is like yours), I kept the small connectors there and I bypassed the fuse and made it deans connectors. Works great.

7. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Okay guys, I hardwired the wires, and shortened them. It works grate now. Thanks for the replies