AK47 Auto/Semi

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by GrantSnyder, Nov 17, 2012.

1. GrantSnyder

GrantSnyder New Member

I just got my AK47's battery fully charged.
    I was testing out the fire rate and accuracy. About 5 seconds on the trigger and then little clicks.
    I then tried Semi and clicked the trigger really fast so it almost sounded like full automatic. I tried to shoot it again, it completely stopped.

What can I do? It won't shoot.

*Update*
    It made no sounds whatsoever when I tried to pull the trigger.
    I took out the battery, starting wiggling the plugs inside and then put the battery back. It did not fire.
    I then looked at where the magazine went and then just poked at it with my finger and the gun fired.
    I have yet to keep firing because I'm scared it might break again.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh like are you hearing tiny clicks after it stopped shooting? Try lowering motor height some.

3. GrantSnyder

GrantSnyder New Member

Okay, so. Lowering the motor height...
    How am I to do this?

Don't judge me but when I got the gun, I took off the metal plate that's on the top and I couldn't figure out how to put it back on :p

4. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    You take off the pistol grip by the trigger. There should be a screw on the bottom. Take that screw out and then slide off the grip. Then there will be another type of screw at the bottom. I think it's an Allen screw. Tighten it to make the motor height higher or unscrew for lower. You might also have an anti reversal latch problem.

5. Addict

Addict New Member

Roanoke
    Start buy buying a new battery and a Universal Smart Charger. I would not recommend shifting the motor height, I would require it.
    If all else fails, check your wires and fuse.

Hope this helps!

6. GrantSnyder

GrantSnyder New Member

Thank you!!!

Do you know where I can possibly find one of the chargers?

7. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

The charger is a good idea but that's not the problem here. If you correctly charged the battery and the gun isn't shooting correctly and if the gun is making a clicking sound of the motor trying to turn then adjust the motor height if that doesn't work the gearbox may be locked (an anti reversal latch problem) or just have a bad battery. If there is no sound from the gun check that the motor connectors are seated properly or aren't broken off from the wire because this happens often