ak47 identification

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by gbn, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbn

gbn New Member

ok dude said. he cannot find a number on it. he said there is a screw that removes the stock from it that turns it into a ak74. i have a pic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    >No Stock
    >Means AK74
    >CodSofter

Uh, how much did he buy it for? There are SO many damn AK47 manufacturers out there

3. gbn

gbn New Member

o dont i know. i been looking. he said he saw online they was going for 150 or sum like that and he charged me 100 but i talked him down to 50

4. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Uh....what did you say? And if he actually sold it for $50, I guarantee it was not going for $150 and you bought an LPEG.

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Either that or this guy is great at negotiating.

Op why don't you shoot yourself in the leg or something and tell us how it feels lol (wear safety glasses if you take me seriously). Or you could try getting to the gearbox. At $150 that sounds close to the price of a CYMA I believe, if you at least get to the gearbox it should say cm something I think?

6. gbn

gbn New Member

low power electric eh. well im not around wars/battles or nun like that but my collection will grow. yea 50 he prob was looking at the high powered ones for 150. i didnt buy it yet. i was identifying to see if im being over charged. he lost the screw for the back part. how much u think i should offer

7. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Looks like a .028.......

8. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    a CM028 would not cost $150.

9. gbn

gbn New Member

those going for like 105-120 max how much u think i should offer him. or is 50 good

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  10. gbn

gbn New Member

looks like that cyma cm028 is a match

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    That's most likely what it is. See if the seller can check the gearbox like I stated in the above post. If it is a cyma cm028 or higher you have him down to a fairly good price. Is he including battery and charger?

12. gbn

gbn New Member

yes he is and the strap

13. LancerAL

LancerAL Member

Lafayette
    His friend may be lying. You know, trying to play it up to warrant more money?

Also, based on the dust cover- and the selector switch both having a slight blue-ish tint. I would say it's a JG Ak. My friend had one, and i had a CM.028. the JG has a slight blue-ish tint on the external metal. So, based on that, I'm going to say it's a JG AK-47.

14. gbn

gbn New Member

They both look the same. If he can get into the gearbox what should he take a pic of

15. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    The gearbox itself. If it has a cm followed by other writing (can't remember what) then that gives us a clue to it being a CYMA.

16. LancerAL

LancerAL Member

Lafayette
    if your friend has no experience with gearboxes DO NOT LET HIM OPEN IT. He's liable to break it...Just take the gearbox OUT. Not apart. If it has CM.---- it's a CYMA. If it has "SB" on the side, it's a JG.

17. gbn

gbn New Member

Yea he don't know how. Imma just buy it and do it myself

18. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I wouldn't. Ask for a bunch more pics and a link to where he bought it exactly.

19. gbn

gbn New Member

Will do. Ion know if he bought it from another person or what

20. gbn

gbn New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.