Alabama Noob

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Photonic, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Photonic

Photonic New Member

Elmore
    My name is Holden im originally from NC. I grew up playing a lot of casual paintball, did speed ball only once. never liked the encumberance of a paintball gun and just did it with friends on private land, not much skill. Only recently did I get into airsoft in the last couple years.

I have an Echo 1 barret REC7 . And looking to get a KWA CZ75 for a sidearm. Id prefer a Hipower but since I cant find a GBB Hipower the CZ75 will do :) its basicly a double action hipower anyway.

Anyway ..there are a group of us who EVER SO CASUALLY ..play on private land. The interest is very low ...and skill is very low ...and no one is willing to drill or train or plan good events. I am really hoping to find a way to get involved and get connected with some serious Air Softers ....I have invested a lot of money in gear lately only to find I can hardly ever use it ...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Create a local forum,And put an add on craigslist saying "looking for airsofters in _____"And wait for people to respond.Also try to find a field around where you live if there are only paintball fields ask if they would be interested in doing some airsoft events!Hope it all works out for you man!

3. Photonic

Photonic New Member

Elmore
    Thanks! Im willing to travel to do "Serious games" I just need to figure out where those are. Im interested in milsim and my attraction to airsoft is that weapon ergonomics, fire and maneuver, reloading, general tactical execution are able to be practiced in airsoft and translate well to real steel aside from marksmanship since obviously pellets behave differently. But I am a firm believer that marksmanship is only about 50% of your engagement. In a real world defense scenario if I can empty a magazine anywhere near your vitals thats good enough marksmanship, the rest is all about how to NOT get hit in the process and to know your weapons layout and ergonomics. I own real guns and shooting ranges are a buzz kill. The important skills such as drawing, flanking, fire and maneuver are superceded by standing in place with a ready weapon and shooting at stationary targets which is only so likely to save your life in the real world.

Airsoft is a break from that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  4. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Hi where in alabama are you located? My team spans from birmingham to pell city. Join alabamaairsoft.org to find local games. Join alabama buy, sell, and trade on facebook for info on games aswell.

5. Photonic

Photonic New Member

Elmore
    I live in Elmore Al just north of Montgomery.

6. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Oh ok so where we play, usually pell city and heardmont, might be a little far. There is a group that plays in montevallo. Also the kwa kz75 is a great gun, i own one and it is a piece of art.

7. Photonic

Photonic New Member

Elmore
    its not too far. Ive been to Bham before. If its an all day thing anyway.

8. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Well when we play in birmingham, we play night games which last from 11 pm to about 4am. Like i said join on face book and we'll let you know when games are going on.

9. Photonic

Photonic New Member

Elmore
    Join on facebook? you never gave a link :)

10. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Im on my ipod so i cant give a link, but look up alabama airsoft buy, sell, and trade on facebook it should be the first option.