All around M4 build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by stat226, Sep 16, 2012.

1. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    I have been working in gearboxes for about a year and am comfortable working in them. I have done a lot of research to come up with this list. Note this build will not start immediately as I am still aquiring the funds to pay for it. I plan on making this my primary for both field and CQB. I don't really have an rps goal, mainly I just want a realy good tigger response because I mainly use semi-auto. As far as range and accuracy I want to be able to to hit a human sized target at atleast 150 feet more if I can (for field). Lastly it has to be under 350 fps(CQB).

Base gun: ASGi G4-18 CQBR custom

Already installed parts:
    -jg blue
    -O-ring air nozzel
    -type 0 cylinder
    -m110 spring(?)
    -#14 O-ring
    -deans
    -363mm 6.03 tbb

To be installed(Internals):

-SHS m100
    -SHS 15 tooth piston
    -SHS 13:1 gear set with gen 1 bevel
    -SHS sector gear delayer chip
    -King Arms metal hop-up
    -APD Gen 1 Keyed Hopup Arm and Nub Set (M-nub)
    -HS5 IR-hop Z-kit
    -G&P Limited Edition SR15 URX E3 Pro Challenge Kit w/ 8mm Bearing Gearbox, Motor & Grip
    -Arsoft Sytems ASCU version 2
    -Lonex TITAN A1 Long Red Balanced Motor
    -SHS double O-ring cylinder head
    -8mm bushings
    -3/16 70D sorbo

Mods:
    -Correct AOE
    -Reshim
    -Polish gearbox
    -Epoxy bushings
    -Relube
    -HS5 barrel lockdown kit
    -Teflon tape inner barrel

-stat226

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Some things to add to your mod list:

Compression mods.
    Glue air nozzle to the Tappet plate.
    Shim the hop up arm.
    Radius gearbox (just cause its better to be safe than sorry).
    Hair trigger mod of you want trigger response and short trigger pull.
    You may want to get an m120 and SS 3 teeth.
    Swiss cheese (don't remember if you mentioned that).
    Glue down the piston rack.

3. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Ok thank you. As far as the hair trigger goes, I was just going to get the speed airsoft tuneable trigger.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I have one. They are very nice. Too shiny though.

5. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    How does the trigger work exactly?

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It's a normal trigger that has a screw on the back part of the trigger. The screw pushes the trigger back further by not allowing it to return all the way forward making the trigger pull shorter.

7. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    hmm. Does it make a noticeable difference over say doing the hair trigger mod?

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It's noticeable, yes, but of you do the trigger too far back it messes up fire selector movement. That is the reason you do the hair trigger mod.

9. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Wouldn't using the ASCU eliminate that problem since it uses a micro switch?

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'm talking about being able to move the actual switch. On mine it did least.

11. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    First, good job on coming up with a parts list, everybody who creates a build thread should do the same :)

Comments in red
    -SHS m100 - Good, but you might want to get a M120 and short stroke to avoid pre-engagement
    -SHS 15 tooth piston - make sure it's the one with straight rails, SHS's QC has gone to sh*t lately. how about a swiss cheese'd Lonex blue?
    -SHS 13:1 gear set with gen 1 bevel - check if it pulls your tappet all the way back
    -SHS sector gear delayer chip - get it just in case
    -King Arms metal hop-up - what's wrong with your current hop up? you can just tune it save money. there's a guide somewhere in the stickies (Tackett's i think)
    -APD Gen 1 Keyed Hopup Arm and Nub Set (M-nub) - why not
    -HS5 IR-hop Z-kit - yes, please
    -G&P Limited Edition SR15 URX E3 Pro Challenge Kit w/ 8mm Bearing Gearbox, Motor & Grip why need a new GB?
    -Arsoft Sytems ASCU version 2 - Get an Extreme-Fire instead (extreme-fire.com), lifetime warranty and best fets, period
    -Lonex TITAN A1 Long Red Balanced Motor - Awesome motor, will get you 45+ rps if paired with the 13:1 gears and 11.1v lipo
    -SHS double O-ring cylinder head - yeah if you want to
    -8mm bushings - SHS are fine in this one
    -3/16 70D sorb - might want to get some neoprene while you're at it

Lol, didn't know the red was going to be this ugly, oops. Sorry everyone

12. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Thank you like I said I have put this together through a lot of research. The m120+SS was suggested and I'm going to do that. The new GB is for the ASCU since the g&g gearbox has a proprietary selector plate and I need a copper plated selector plate.The reason I like the ASCU is because it is a micro switch too and I can have the different firing modes like how the Raptor fet works. I will check the extreme-fire out though. The lonex blue would probably be better and easier to short stroke. Lastly for short stroking don't you remove the same amount of teeth from the sector gear as you do for the piston?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yepp, you do have to remove teeth from the sector gear when short stroking.

14. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    Ok just double checking. Also what are your opinions regarding ASCU vs. Extreme-fire. The fet with the most features(SW-CHEETAH-2N) is about the same price as the ASCU.

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The ASCU has had problems with the micro switch going out. That's all I know. I use Nanofets, which are just simple mosfets by legitdood on ASM.