All metal airsoft gun

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by CplFlores, Sep 30, 2012.

1. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

Would it be possible for companies to make a 100% full metal Airsoft gun? Before everybody makes the comment that they already exist, let me elaborate on the 100% part. I know that there are internal parts that absolutely have to be either rubber or plastic (Hopup bucking, o rings, trigger switches on an aeg...) but wouldn't it be better to substitute some parts with metal instead of plastic? Like tappet plates, magazine lips, magazine followers, air an loading nozzles on gbb pistols? I mean won't it make the gun a little durable? Granted over time metal on metal impact would eventually break at one point, but couldn't you coat it with shock absorbing material? Any thoughts?

2. TheDraconicTyr

TheDraconicTyr New Member

Yes the duribility would increase but wold nerd extra lube due to metal on metal.I see were your coming from but some parts would not work properly if they were metal.The closest airsoft gun I know to full metal the sten. Look at ehobbyasia they have it.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    No the spring that moves the tappet plate may not be strong enough to move a metal one, and they already have aluminum air nozzles.

4. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

How about air nozzles on gbb pistols?

5. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You do not want that. Since GBB pistols have to be lubricated, a metal nozzle is very likely to be freezing the lubricant at a much higher rate than plastic does.

6. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

I did not know that... I guess the only truly full metal guns would be bolt action rifles, or do I still get this wrong?

7. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Pretty much, but still, the stocks and other parts will be plastic or wooden.