Alternative M4

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by MrMango17, Oct 11, 2012.

1. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
    Hiyas!

Well, to start off, I guess I have this dislike toward M4s, but I can't deny their ease of customization and the numerous upgrades you can get for them.

I'm looking for something M4 like, but at the same time, not an M4, nor M16, nor anything that starts with M really. I tried an L85, probably as far as I can get away from an M4, but I don't like the way bullpups feel.

So far, I was thinking about an ICS SG551, V3 gearbox and a lotta rails make it easy to customize. What do you think? Or have any other suggestions?

http://www.icsbb.com/web_e/html/02_products/show.aspx?kind1=3&kind2=9&kind3=&num=760

2. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

What's your price range? I bought a A&K Masada over a M4, and it's great. I would recommend Scar H's/L's or the Magpul/G&P/A&K Masada's over M4's any day.

3. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
    300 would be nice, anything more then that and I'd probably just get the 551

4. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Get the Sig. You like it, its in your price range, and it will be more durable internally than the A&K Masada. Only negative is the mags but still I would get the Sig.

5. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
    The Masada seems neat, but it kinda has a lack of rails, and I don't want to pay extra for them.

I'll probably do that, could you elaborate on "more durable internally than the A&K Masada"?

6. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
  7. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

I personally like the Masada, I use to love m4's but to many people have them :(

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

HK416/417 now. Buy it. Make sure you buy the one with all the gearbox problems fixed.

9. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
    One of my friends has an HK416, don't like it. It feels and operates the same way as an M4.

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Well, as an H&K fanboy, I can't let that comment slide without a pointless rant.:p

My friend has a ICS SIG551, and I really like the feel. The A&K Masada feels like an M4, but not.....(BTW on the A&K, I'm pretty sure you can use the rails for the PTS Moe handgaurd and drill them in.)

11. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

12. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

13. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
  14. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    He already bought the 551. So no need to keep telling him what gun to buy if he already bought the one he wants.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  15. MrMango17

MrMango17 New Member

Kent
    Yea I was looking at the CXP, I guess I didn't get it because it's not an actual gun and it didn't have much appeal to me.

While it's true that I already bought the 551, it's still interesting for me to see what others like that's not an M4.

16. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    I personally like King Arms, yes G&P have better externals and yes VFC has better internals but King Arms is kind of that in between group, has good internals and externals.

17. kwaglock

kwaglock New Member

Denver
    i was just about to say a 416. but defiantly a used one because there so expensive.:eek: