Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, many of you know my mantra about the state of the current Airsoft industry.

How many caught my subtle post about a "meeting".

Well...if you put it together...who wants to be part of the paradigm shift for this sport in this country?

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
-Airsoft products with full factory support with on hand parts.

-Double QC and repaired if issue found before it hit consumer hands.

-AEG springs that are plus minus +/-.5% with no more than a -1%fps drop over 150K shots and without breaking.

-Internals that no "upgrade" parts will be needed to be installed for the parts will already be above the level of anything in the "aftermarket" market place.

-Price points that are commensurate with quality and feature, some items will actually carry a factory warranty.

-Detailed data on upgrade parts to eliminate guess work and myths found in the Airsoft Environment and actually data sheet that comes with the product.

-LIFEPO4 batteries in a useable form factor for Airsoft, mainly for rental and new user use. Durability and Safety is the key.

-Shatter proof optics, that can also hold zero under RS use.

-Market driven accessories, large capacity AK mids anyone?

Essentially...what would happen if "I" was actively part of some aspect of the Airsoft industry again...that meeting happened...and the door is open.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it's going to take:

Factory Support - Check
Someone in the Battery Business that knows batteries and has access to have new "panels" made - Check
Inventory on hand in the US - Check
Name Recognition - Check
An individual with experience and the same vision as the factory - Check
An individual that dialogs with the general public and is can be contacted - Check

I think...it has start already...as of 10PM CST on July 14th...

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would change that to "going" to be. It's not a pipe dream...there is an actual pipe!

And the R&D house is in Southern California - they actually have an R&D House!

Guess what...they hold Tienly Motors in High Regard...Star Wei/ASG...not so much and "not as good".

This individual has extensive RC background too and in our discussion...they are going to be essentially making and installing as an OEM motor...a motor that is 80% of the quality of a Tienly. Their hold back is their manufacturing process is Automated and Tienly final finishing is by "hand".

They are making all the parts themselves and not dipping into the communal pool of parts makers.

Are people getting excited?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
What's this look like for the end user? Are you talking about opening a store front or stamping parts/units and selling them through established retailers?

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Direct contact with factory reps, me being one of them.

They tried to drop their products into distribution and let's just say 2 months of inactivity by the recent big seller has changed their minds. They want to give the users of their products "open" support. So, they pulled it back in house and will distribute themselves and they are building the infrastructure to do it. I am planning to setup up an outlet store and then also distribute to "medium" sized or smaller Airsoft Entities (yes you can start contacting me about this via PM) to sell their product and spare parts. Being that their parts will be on par with PDI (or better)...with a potential offering of 6 spring types BETWEEN M90 and M130...and the spring is "Made" in Japan with discussion of a performance guide sheet sold with each spring plus a warranty...yeah...I believe some of you can imagine what is coming...

·
Registered
950 Posts
I’m more into the side of how fields are running themselves. I think we need some more consistency there as well if we are to revamp and rejuvenate the sport in the US.

Just like the lack of consistency in airsoft products, the way many local fields are running themselves is often all over the place as well, with rampant disregard to basic rules and safety.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sounds great! I'm all for it. If you and your contacts can establish such a venture, that would be great and I think your participation in such an effort would be invaluable. I can't say what market-size I represent, but I'm part of a market segment that's a bit older, with decent disposable income, and with a high interest in pre-qualified products (the essential idea behind a "brand").

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
How the field regulates and runs their operation is not what I am discussing.

I am talking about product, quality of product and the company to stand behind it.

Loose a selector. Order another one.

Fall on your AEG and bent the barrel. Order another one.

Need a new spring that is literally drop in via the chart and holds it's consistency for 150K...that is what we will strive for...

Now for a another little hint...these two companies are already in existence.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
This is incredibly exciting news. There’s far too many new or inexperienced players that get discouraged from the hobby because they buy into marketing hype and end up with junk.

What can we all do to help this venture along? I’d personally be willing to help however possible.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you play and go to local fields or visit shops.

Start chatting them up and let them know that things are going to change.

Once I am setup (essentially) get my email...I will release to the public who we are...and my territory is everything East of the Mississippi.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sneek peek on product. They designed this stock themselves. Crane style, for rental gun use or for new player use. I can't show certain parts of it because their logo is on it...

Netbook Office supplies Office equipment Writing implement Rectangle

But, they tested it with my 2200mah battery...lots of room. And in the future a LIFEPO4 pack will be in the offering.

Office supplies Pen Gadget Office instrument Writing implement

Hood Bicycle part Bumper Tool Plane

·
Registered
950 Posts
How the field regulates and runs their operation is not what I am discussing.

I am talking about product, quality of product
Yea I know, and I'm excited to hear that these big changes are coming and we are getting some very nice stuff soon.

I was just pointing out that here in the US the field side of things is a notable issue as well in the industry that needs addressing. I'll leave it at that for now.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Sounds amazing.

I'm also interested in "upgrade" parts, since these stock parts will be better then most currently available aftermarket parts. Are y'all going to have these parts available separately as well?

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking at the inventory sheet that was just sent to me...that is a yes.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So stock guns will in the near future be on par with expertly upgraded guns of now, and custom builds will have options for a quality of upgrade parts unlike anything close to what we've seen before?
I think what Guges meant (correct me if I'm wrong) is that stock guns will be close to the accuracy and consistency of custom builds...ROF would probably be close to ~30 rps if I had to guess...I think ROF isn't Guges main interest for a variety of reasons...I wonder if the rest of us will have to purchase new gear boxes at the least to accommodate these new "universal" parts?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts