American Flag Patches

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by CoppertopNeasg, Aug 15, 2012.

1. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    I have seen some patches with the American Flag on it have the stars on the right side instead of the left. I was wondering what the reason for this was or if it was a mistake.

image-1091224236.jpg

image-4076785051.jpg

image-98587470.jpg

2. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    It is because it is suppose to show the flag flying forward into battle as opposed to retreating. There was a big discussion on this somewhere

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    It's for wearing the flag on your *edit right arm*. The flag normally would be waving away but this was it waves frontwards never retreating, never surrendering. That was my explaination from my friends in the marines and army

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Correction, your right arm. The field of blue on the right goes on your right arm. It shouldn't be on that dude's pack in your first picture. As said, it's meant to appear as though the flag is waving behind a pole as the soldier moves forward into battle. The normal flag orientation would make appear as though the flag carrier was retreating. It's symbolic.

5. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Yup the backpack is wrong. On the right arm and right side of the helmet, you have a reverse flag, starts forward. On the vest, bag, hat, its always standard.

6. M240BravoRomeo

M240BravoRomeo New Member

Anthem
    I might be able to shed some light on why he has the reversed flag though, from the looks of it that is the issued IR flag, meaning he probably bought it from the MCSS on a military post or he was issued it, the only flags you get either way are the reversed flag.

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Possibly, but it should be a standard flag. All the same, I think the OP's question has been answered to full extent.

8. jaegur

jaegur New Member

Where'd you get the pack from

9. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I don't think that that is his pack, I think it is just an example picture he found.

10. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    The pack is being sold by someone named Dung Tran on Facebook if you are interested.