Ams (f)

Discussion in 'Company Reviews' started by rich635, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    So, I got my "AMS-Stryke series M4" today...it's crap. I paid for a King Arms BW15, I get a plastic pile of junk instead. There seems to be no metal parts except for the gearbox. Plastic receiver, plastic outer barrel, plastic buffer tube. And not quality stuff G&G uses, this is just...bad. Came with a cheap PMAG replica, I think it already broke. I thought I could at least sell some parts and get some new externals...this need more than that. It requires a big makeover, especially to get it to the BW15 I bought. Stopped shooting after one burst, found out the motor tab disconnected when I opened it up. Nothing is worth saving besides the gearbox (and even then it's not that good) and the pistol grip. Customer service was friendly, but crap. Cancelled the order after requesting to speak to a higher-up to see if I can get something better, and he blatantly lied when he said the SRC and JG G36 are "equivalents" to the King Arms. Then I was denied even the KWA CQR. Then above all that, the entire sale got cancelled after me and a bunch of fellow customers were ripped off. I would recommend no one here buy from them again, as they are less trustworthy than Tim's recommendations (that was a joke) and have become a business based on deception and disappointment. Needless to say, I gave them an "F".

2. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Dude, that stinks, AMS is getting heck lately for its recent activities. And rightfully so.

3. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    You couldn't have just cancelled your order and got a refund...? That probably would have been the smart thing to do instead of fumbling with the pile of crap SRC Sportline you seem so enthused to have gotten. I mean really. It was $50...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  4. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Ihop is right. JohnJayRambo who made a rant video on youtube talked about how he got offered a discount on his next purchase or money back.

5. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Oh gawd. Never listen to that Johnjayrambo guy.

6. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    I didn't get the refund because I (stupidly) thought SRC guns aren't that bad, why should this be any different? Apparently it was built to AMS's specifications, and it was much worse. Compare it to a Double Eagle with a metal gearbox.

7. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Never believe (or read at all) ASMS's product descriptions.

8. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    So. Lemme get this straight. You bought the KA BW15 during the sale. Right? And got an SRC PoS? WTF.

That, IMHO, is theft.

9. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Been talking to a former AMS employee. I'm locking these things till I get all the facts in and speak to Austin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.