An Apology For An Old Post

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Capown321, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Capown321

Capown321 New Member

So to be honest this seems to be the best place to put this, but this is probably my first time back to these forums in almost 7 years and after posting this I really have no intention of returning. As some of my old airsoft team mates pointed out tonight this may not even be as "big a deal" as I believe it to be, but here it is out of respect and gained insight.

Re-reading some old posts I left on here I only found 1 that stood out from way back in 2010 where I had posted something in regards to my now disbanded team considering the use of real medals as a rewards system. Maybe this is just me feeling like I need to publicly vent, but I feel absolutely horrible that I ever even suggested doing such a disrespectful, inappropriate, immature, and stupidly naive thing. The reason my old team mates think I am blowing this out of proportion is not only due to how old and buried that post was, but the simple fact we never actually attempted to implement the plan.

But I can't shake the guilt for nearly spoiling such an amazing sport/activity/game such as Airsoft with such a foolish idea however young I may have been. I strongly believe our veterans and active duty have fought way too hard and had/have to deal with far too much to be disrespected by a kid playing pretend with otherwise hard earned, honorable medals. And in some ways it would mean a lot if "new" teams of young players saw this and learned what I should have understood years ago when I still played. There comes a limit to the level of "pretend". You can buy the gear, the uniforms, the replica guns, but certain lines should never be crossed. And as I said, even though this was something we never physically ever did, I felt an apology was owed to this community for ever even suggesting such a thing however long ago it may have been.

Sincere thanks to those who read all of this, I know it was long. If such a post seems inappropriate then I apologize. I just didn't want this to go uncorrected or unsaid.