Angel Custom VSR 10 Barrel

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by kloit, Nov 18, 2012.

1. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Is this barrel AEG cut to fit the Angel Custom AEG Chamber?

2. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

I would recommend just sending a message to them and asking. To whatever website your looking to buy it from.

3. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    I emailed evike, but no response came from them. So just to be safe, I ordered a 455mm AK length AEG barrel for my VSR 10 AEG chamber. It'll extend a bit through the tip, but I've got a mock silencer to cover that. There seems to be no definitive verdict on the quality of Angel barrels, so this will be a good test for me.

4. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Personally i wouldnt have bothered with even looking at angel or anything else. Would have went straight to prometheus for an aeg cut barrel.

5. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Nobody seems to have a review other than one positive that I saw across the internet. Chamber+barrel arrives in 2 days, so it'll be something interesting to try out. Probably not going to be as good as a prometheus, but worth a test.

6. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    It's nice to see new/uncommon products tested. Please post back here with your opinion of it.

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You can use AEG barrel with VSR bucking/hop.
    That's pretty much what I have in my DSR-1.

8. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    I was actually wondering about this too, since the stock VSR barrrel has an AEG cut. Many people say that AEG barrels can't be accepted, but they're probably referring to such a combination including an AEG bucking, which will only fit in an AEG chamber. The chamber, barrel and AEG bucking are coming in soon, so I'll have to see which combination produces the best results. My current firefly bucking is holding up pretty well already.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    My DSR-1 shot 528FPS 3 shots in a row after I installed the barrel. and it's a gas rifle.

10. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Got the Angel custom 6.01 455mm and hop up chamber today. Quick tests reveal:

For the barrel:
    Quality Inspection:
    Stainless Steel
    Smooth Bore
    Surprisingly Deep Crowning

Performance (v. Deep Fire 6.04):
    Significantly tighter groupings
    Dramatic Cut in fliers
    Increase in FPS and consistency

Hop Up Chamber:
    Very nice aluminum build - came with a steel allen key and allen screws
    Accepted my Firefly Bucking w/teflon seal with no problem (much easier to close and work with than the stock chamber)
    However, the piece that attaches to the chamber with the outer barrel does not screw all the way in (perhaps the chamber is a bit large?), so I am having some magazine misfeeds. Other than that, the functioning is quite good. I'm still working towards a perfect air seal with this chamber.
    *Note, although the picture on the Evike website shows an adjustment arm, it does not come with one. The chamber comes bare with 2 allen screws and an allen key. My original adjustment arm nob snapped off, so I am using the TDC mod now.

I'll update more of the specifics (groupings, detailed performance results) when I have the time.

Overall, I rate based on an expectations scale: -5 as dreadfully below expectations, 0 at expectations, and 5 extraordinary; well beyond expectations. For $40, the Stainless Steel crafted AEG cut barrel with a deep crowning gets a 3 (expected something along the lines of ASGI 6.01, but the build quality and performance well exceeds this) and the $48 AEG CNC chamber gets a -1 (expected no problems).