Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone here feels the same way that I do, but as far back as I can remember, I've been a firearms enthusiast, and I love going to my local gun range and shooting at paper targets. Problem is, real guns can cost hundreds of dollars, and given what I've heard about ammo shortages, a box of 20 rounds of rifle ammo or 50 rounds of pistol ammo can cost $30-$50, sometimes more. Conversely, a good-quality AEG only costs $150-$300, and a bag of 3,500 .28 gram PLA pellets only costs me $20. Plus, I live in a state where it's illegal for people to buy full-auto firearms unless they're a member of the military or law enforcement.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that another thing I love about airsoft is that it's a cheap, fun way to indulge in my firearms hobby. Granted, I'll still go out to the gun range with my real steel, but playing a weekend game at my local airsoft range is cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I tend to avoid making connections between airsoft and firearms so as not to intrigue the Karens of the world, but I will say - should you ever find yourself in a situation, having experience shooting at things that not only move but also shoot back is a whole lot more beneficial than just being good at poking holes in paper. Indulging in both is a really good idea from a training perspective as well as an economical one

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a friend who acts like airsoft is a full on military training exercise, but man… I just love the running and gunning. And the feeling of sending my mortal foes into hell carried by a hail of plastic.

Until they respawn. :)

Target shooting is honestly a wee bit addicting as well. I have to stop myself from using all my BBs on trees before I even get to the field.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
Being former LEO and having extensive Aggressive Air Sport Experience (Paintball/Airsoft) before going into a LEO job...I was a different recruit.

During trials, my partner and I got teamed up with two of the "meeker" recruit teams and we got a downed officer call.

Let's just say the downed officer wasn't expecting to get dragged across the parking lot quite so quickly...face first.

We arrived, incident happened - Officer Shot and Down

We assessed and wondered if he was still alive...(he heard our comment and started moaning), we assessed our situation again, we discussed our plan, we staged, we executed and withdrew....in under 7 minutes....

During the op...I took a round in the left shoulder and I role played it while giving cover fire...trainer said...graze shot keep using your arm (trainer just wanted to keep watching me dual wield my partner and my service weapon. Turns out I had hit the shooter in the face early on...but he was instructed to keep shooting at us...)...after at debrief...we were commended on our quick thinking and execution...and the department started taking notice of those that have this type tactical background...

And this is why I am very upset at Mass Shooter events where the cops stand around for an hour...(Uvalde).

·
Registered
209 Posts
And this is why I am very upset at Mass Shooter events where the cops stand around for an hour...(Uvalde).
Absolutely. It's one thing if a crook has some hostages in a building, as bad as that is, but a school full of little kids? And they stood there waiting for.....what? Permission to engage?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
The way I heard it there was some confusion about the situation. A lot of cops thought the perpetrator was negotiating with someone, and so many agencies came that the chain of command was virtually nonexistent.

That still doesn't excuse them for what happened, but I find it hard to blame the individual officers. An investigation into training techniques and general "active shooter" policy is definitely in order.

Still, if just one officer had said "to hell with orders and policy" and kicked in that door and neutralized the threat, lives would have been saved.

·
Administrator
12,071 Posts
I have worked for two depts and both times Active Shooter training was get the minimum man power to form a team and go in - period. There was no wait for command BS.

The Chief that retired was a Poser of the position (look at the pictures) and obvious did not follow national norms after Columbine...and the other sad fact. Texas State Police was there too...that says a lot about their force...

Took an "off duty" USCBP to do "their" job. Now I wasn't there...but this isn't right.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I can go to the airsoft arena/shop and know a few people there and conversation just goes everywhere, quickly. I go to the MTB trail and there may not be anyone around for a mile or so. Then when you do run into someone, you are both in the forest alone, so there is some apprehension about running into other people you don't know, where no-one can hear you scream. Saddly, I stopped ridding alone in the forest because as I get older I feel less and less deserving of dragging myself out of the bush by my elbows. My favored trail is 17 miles from home. The arena is 21 miles from home.

Another situation. I go MTB on designated trails. Person walking dog shows up and does not follow trail etiquette. I get a good laugh thinking about a situation like this happening at the arena... I may have just created a new scenario!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Maybe you should strap your airsoft guns to your back when riding :sneaky:

Haven't rode since covid shut everything down but I used to tackle downhill trails as high as Black Diamond on a '92 KHS full rigid to troll my friends on their $$$$ Blurs and the like, had so much fun riding technical.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe you should strap your airsoft guns to your back when riding :sneaky:

Haven't rode since covid shut everything down but I used to tackle downhill trails as high as Black Diamond on a '92 KHS full rigid to troll my friends on their $$$$ Blurs and the like, had so much fun riding technical.
I've never gone mountain biking in the woods, not unless riding one around my driveway counts, but now I'm tempted to see if I can ride a bicycle and shoot an airsoft gun at the same time. Also, it's nice to know that there are people that are steering this thread back into a more positive direction.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I've never gone mountain biking in the woods, not unless riding one around my driveway counts, but now I'm tempted to see if I can ride a bicycle and shoot an airsoft gun at the same time. Also, it's nice to know that there are people that are steering this thread back into a more positive direction.
Wait, I can just see it...

An airsoft cavalry detachment!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought a CCI Phantom Pump in 1998 and have been an active gun-gamer ever since. I started playing Speedball paintball in 2002 and quickly fell into the PSP/NPPL. Played on three different teams till 2009. I was not making a name for myself, but people seem to love the way I could play the left of any field, and do it well, when no-one else wanted to, or could. I was making good money off tournaments and was still able to work the construction job I had through my Uncle. In the latter part of 2009 my Uncle decided to move, and take the business. I was not going to move, I felt rooted. So I was in a situation where I had to adjust my priorities and get my own work lined up. I chose to work more and play less to save money. I decided to never stop doing shooting drills to placate my trigger time. Just worked it over to RS. Shooting bullets though, drilling. It was missing something. In 2017 I'm shown "Oregon Airsoft Arena". Over the last few years with the people I have met through speedsoft/airsoft, indoor and outdoor, we have worked on different scenarios regarding current events, however, the context of recent drills and play-session terminologies would likely get me some type of infraction here as the premises behind some of the scenarios deal with the ____demic.

All in all, I think that I have this itch to shoot at people who are shooting at me. I played sports through HS, and MTB today. Those are not as intense as the 13 to 14 years of gungaming has been.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wait, I can just see it...

An airsoft cavalry detachment!!!
Guys. This was done all ready. Pissed off everybody at the event, got the team accused of cheating....they shall remain nameless.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Haven't rode since covid shut everything down
Scamdemic caused 2 arenas in my area to permanently close. The arena that gave a finger to the State and refused to pay fines is still in operation today. They told the state to make it a law or go away. Literally, the people that acquiesced to the States unlawful dictates lost their businesses.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts