Any airsofters around Livingston County?

Discussion in 'New York Airsoft Forum' started by covertslayer, Jul 24, 2015.

1. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    Hey guys,

So I'm wondering if there's anybody around livingston county willing to help an airsofter out. I would like to play airsoft while attending college in the fall semester but I don't have a car on campus. I'll pitch in with gas money so I'm not being a bum haha :)

2. Skierarc

Skierarc New Member

Rochester
    Are you going to SUNY Geneseo? There aren't many fields around there, Penn Yan / River City are about an hour away.

3. BBwars_6094

BBwars_6094 Member

Syracuse
    I'd be interested in this. I go to school at Geneseo. Can't help you out though, I'm also a carless plebeian. How are you planning on storing your guns and gear?

4. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    Yep, SUNY Geneseo. Finally found an airsofter going there lol. Do you wear flecktarn pants on campus occasionally by any chance?

To be honest, I haven't really figured out that part yet. I am living off-campus so it shouldn't be a big deal but I probably would still have to invest in a hard case with a lock though to ensure nothing goes wrong.

I wonder if the bus system gets anywhere within walking distance to a decent field?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  5. BBwars_6094

BBwars_6094 Member

Syracuse
    Nope, I'm not the guy with the fleck pants, although I have seen him around campus. I sometimes wear an a-tacs au baseball hat though. As for fields, there's always Airsoft Tactical in Rochester but I don't know if the bus system would be able to get you close enough to walk there. Even then, I think it'd cause a huge scare on a liberal college campus for people to be getting on the bus and walking through Rochester with gun cases and tactical bags.

6. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    Depends on how/what the gear is carried. Airsoft Tactical -from my 5 minutes of browsing it- looks like a cqb arena which means smg's/pistols should work fine. A chest rig, bdu's, CQB sized gun and various other nonsense should be able to fit inside a backpack. Thankfully it's normal for college students to carry backpacks around.

Apparently this field offers storage on-site for $10 a month so that's an option too if we end up frequently playing and want to use plate carriers and/or larger weaponry. It's not ideal though if we end up wanting to play at another field. Not that we figured out how to get there in the first place yet lol.

7. BBwars_6094

BBwars_6094 Member

Syracuse
    $10 a month seems a little pricey to me. You're right that we could probably get away with going with just gbb smgs and pistols. I could fit a pistol, mags, and propane in my school backpack easily. I'll be living on campus though so I can't store any of those things in the dorm anyways.

8. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    As long as you don't have a crapload of guns, I wouldn't mind holding on to them for you if/when we meet and you trust me enough to not be a jerk and sell your guns behind your back. While you'd *possibly* be fine storing your airsoft guns inside the dorm, the potential consequences of them being found is not worth the risk at all. The propane, goggles and other things should be fine inside the dorm though.

Maybe if we can find a couple more airsofters, we could get a field to pay for a taxi to pick us up from the bus and bring us to a field? I've seen similar offers before with other fields.

9. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    This is probably my last post on this thread. If anyone around the area is reading this, I'll still be around the area for another 1 1/2 years so feel free to message me if you want to complain with other airsofters in person about not being able to play and/or discuss airsoft stuff :)