Any info on this vest?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Tazofer, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Tazofer

Tazofer New Member

Richmond
    Recently I've been looking into the Matrix Tactical Systems Navy Seal Light Fighter Tactical PT Body Armor vest from evike, but I can't seem to find any information outside of the reviews. If anyone could share any experience with it, knows the fit and finish of it, etc that'd be great.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_165&products_id=33929

EDIT: If you have any advice as far as vests that would fit someone 6' 140ish lbs, that'd be super as well.
    EDIT again: YES, MOLLE is important to me.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I would stay away from it. Matrix doesn't have the best quality. What's your budget? Maybe you save up some money and get a Pantac of Flyye vest which will last much longer.

3. Tazofer

Tazofer New Member

Richmond
    Right now, as I'm kinda just getting into this, I wanted to keep it on the cheap side, probably not pay more than 60-70$ for the base vest. I do know that I want to keep it pretty slim and agile yet still have a built in hydration pack so I don't have to buy one. Though that might be asking a bit much for a good vest in that price range.

4. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    It's from amazon. $40. I'll go find the URL right now. I got my UMC cross draw vest from there and it works pretty well.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  5. Tazofer

Tazofer New Member

Richmond
  6. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Ah ok (ugh... Again not enough characters)

7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    OP, save your money. Would you rather buy a 90-120$ plate carrier in a month or two and probably never have to buy another one again, or a 60$ POC right now and then spend even more money down the road?

Once you have the money, go to either:
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/index.php for their Flyye gear

http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/a...tac&osCsid=msraopbdub2hc7li76r1klr9q5&x=0&y=0 for their Pantac gear (I already have it all searched and everything for ya)

or, if you're REALLY on a budget and cannot save up a bit of money from mowing lawns or something, go grab TMC from http://www.ebairsoft.com/

Don't listen to the other people in this thread, because they're inevitably going to have to replace their beloved crossdraws from NCStar and Condor when it fails on them. And it WILL fail on them. And even if they replace it before it fails because somebody somehow showed them the light, they still wasted their money on that crappy vest.

Before you start saying that you're just getting into this and don't want to spend that much money, I suggest that if you're really not sure that you want to stay in the hobby then go to a couple games and maybe use the rental gear, borrow a friend's gear, or just use your pockets for load bearing. It's hardly ideal but better than wasting 40-60$ on a crappy vest. And if you ever wanted to sell that vest, I can tell you right now that the retail value is not even worth thinking about as an "investment".

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  8. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Heyyyyy... Mines not from any of those company's..... Frankly I forgot which one it's from and I'm too lazy to check right now... It has a dragon logo on it

9. Grin

Irvine
    I simply gave an example of the two most popular low-quality gear manufacturers that people sink their money into.

It's no personal offense to you, it is probably because you have been mislead.

10. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Ehh... As long as they serve their purpose.

11. Grin

Irvine
    They don't do it nearly as well as you think they do. They barely serve any purpose whatsoever and I would never, ever suggest that somebody (especially somebody who is short on money) spend their hard-earned money on products such as what you suggested.

As Stephen Hawking said, " The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

12. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    Your preference is different from mine is different from his is different from someone else's. I was just trying to provide a helpful, low-cost answer to question with a budget. He didn't have to buy the one I mentioned to him. In fact he didn't even have to say that he'd see what I was talking about. He chose to see what i mentioned. What he buys with his own money is none of my business. Its not my business to tell him how to spend it and what to spend it on. If he buys what i mentioned, great. If he doesn't, great. He buys what you mentioned, great. Je got what he wanted. I was only providing a helpful answer. Now that's not illusion of knowledge nor ignorance.

13. Grin

Irvine
    The illusion of knowledge was your stating that you "... got [your] UMC cross draw vest from there and it works pretty well. ". It is not a preference how long a product lasts, or how effective the design is. That is cold, hard facts. It IS a preference, however, if you said that you like one design over another. I can tell you right now that I dislike both the Crye Precision JPC AND their AirFrame helmet (and don't get me started on most of Magpul) but I will admit that they make darn good products.

When you suggest that someone buy something, saying that it is a good product, then you are indeed telling them what to spend their money on. Your answer was one based in the aforementioned "illusion of knowledge".

14. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    No. I was not telling them to buy this, that, or the other thing. I was giving my input. He asked an OPEN QUESTION. I gave my OPEN OPINION. Opinion which is open to interpretation and argument and such and such.

But I didn't not tell him what to buy. I didn't not say "buy this because I say so" I said, basically, "why dont you check out this item?" which is not and never will be a forced decision. I gave my open and unforced opinion.

Now on to what you said... By you saying "don't listen to these other people" you just limited his options to what you listed. You basically forced him to decide between a plate carrier and a plate carrier and between 3 different ones. You forced him to look at those. You did not say, in a basic sense, "hey, why don't you check this one out if you want." I actually said IF YOU WANT TO when I was making my suggestion. IF YOU WANT TO means that he didn't have to but he chose to look at it on his own terms.

15. Grin

Irvine
    Yes, you worded your answer in an open-ended way. You are still advising that he go spend his money on the product you recommend, which is essentially telling him to buy that. Sure, you are not FORCING him to buy it, but you are still telling him to. There is a difference between telling someone to do something and forcing or ordering them to.

Just because you enjoy leaving an easy out for yourself does not mean that you are not giving bad advice, in fact if you would like to start defending the product you suggested in any other way than "I like it", then go ahead.

I am not going to continue arguing with you, Mikey, because recently I have gotten into far more than the mods can continue to see in my favor and I am not inclined to anger anyone whose opinion and respect I actually value.

16. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York
    I didn't neither. I neither forced not told. I suggested. Which means that he could buy it IF he wanted to. Not if I wanted him to. I gave my suggestion. You TOLD him to pick between those three. I suggested he LOOK at the one I posted. There is a difference between picking to buy and looking as in seeing if he might like it.

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I like how everyone is arguing against Grin. He's right you know. If you buy decent gear, you buy it once. If you buy crap gear (condor, oe tech, matrix, voodoo tactical, etc.), you will have to replace it often as the stitching is absolutely horrendous. OP, save your money up for a better carrier or rig. It'll be a much better investment.

18. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I agree with both Grin and Archer on this one. Better gear from the beginning costs less in the long run.

19. Tazofer

Tazofer New Member

Richmond
    Okay, OP back in the discussion, and sorta changing focuses:
    What would the good folks of airsoft society recommend for a high speed, low drag loadout based off a quality vest?

Edit for more info: I run a G36 that I plan on getting the magwell conversion for. also, I am 6' 140ish lbs, so I dunno how that would affect choices as far as sizing goes,