Any way to make hi caps quiter?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by BlackNightBravo, Jul 24, 2012.

1. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a hi cap mag and like the capacity but don't know how to make it quiet. I heard there wore some ways. Any ideas?

2. EliteDeltaSniperCommando

EliteDeltaSniperCommando New Member

City
    no not really hicap clips will always be loud and noisy its what they do.

3. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    In theory the only way to keep the bbs from rattling would be to fill the inside with some sort of filler(cotton?).
    But I do not advise putting anything inside your mag that is not a bb.
    Just buy mid-capacity magazines.

4. BBman1120

BBman1120 New Member

I had some Styrofoam and I put it in the mag it mad it a little quieter but I would not do it just get some mid caps.

5. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Just get midcaps unless you like having tactical maracas. What I do is use midcaps until I run out, with two hi-caps filled completely so they don't make noise just in case.

6. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Only way I have heard of is lining box mags with some kind of thin foam padding. I don't really think it's practical to try and silence your hicaps in any way, shape, or form.

Buy midcaps.

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    keep them full when stored in pouches. they shouldn't rattle when inserted into your AEG. if they do, don't shake your AEG while running.

8. Rooney43

Rooney43 New Member

Lake Ronkonkoma
    I feel like if you could find a way to wrap a thick, but not too thick, layer of rubber around them it would suppress the sound at least a little bit. Never tried it though.

9. tallandcreepy

tallandcreepy New Member

Ladson
    I have tried this. Sadly, it takes to many rubber bands to get a significantly amount of noise reduction.

10. Rooney43

Rooney43 New Member

Lake Ronkonkoma
    Break out the super glue and a few paper mate erasers...

11. Retrospection

Retrospection Member

Kimballton
    So rambo is also MacGyver too? :)

12. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    I have a friend who has the femme fatal, but his mag is purple. So ill tell him to do that so his purple high cap will match the rest of his gun, and be quieter on the field. But some how I think noise is the least of his worries. :rolleyes:

13. fradd

fradd New Member

High caps aren't that noisy in the first place. The firing sound of your gun is noisier than a hi-cap.

14. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

It doesn't matter how loud they are. It matters that they make noise. If you actually want stealth and not sit in one spot then the noise is risky. Especially if you like my friends and I who spend most of our time behind enemy lines

15. tallandcreepy

tallandcreepy New Member

Ladson
    What I do is carry one high cap and 7 mid caps. I only use the high cap if I get in a major firefight. That way I'm not sneaking around with a half full high cap that makes way to much noise.

16. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

^This.
    Use the hicap when you have exhausted all the ammo in your midcaps.

17. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

I use one super hi cap and 6 mid caps, the super high cap holds 1000 rounds it's the AK version of a fat box

18. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    if you hold your AEG correctly, a half empty hi-cap doesn't make noise. if you run, then you will make more noise than your hi-cap.

19. NOMAD666

NOMAD666 New Member

bikini bottom
    You know they make 190 round mid caps.

20. fradd

fradd New Member

This...

(why20characters?)