Anyone deal with this type of "player" before?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by microsoft, Jul 24, 2012.

1. microsoft

microsoft New Member

One thing I have noticed about the airsoft community is that the majority of players are just that, players.
    they play the game because they like it and its a hobby. same with the milsim folks.
    but everytime you go to a game you see one or two people, usually highschool kids, who seem to think they know everytime, are in the military, could out do the military at its own game, arrogant, etc. etc.
    Im used to this behavior from the time I spent in the gym when I was preparing myself for the military (btw dont go to a gym, there wont be one at basic and its a waste of time) and as a NJROTC platoon commander.
    I live in a very military town so I dont know if its just regional or do you guys see this in a percentage of players around you to?

2. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

I am a teen, in highschool and use military tactics with my team(to the best of our ability). But In no way do we think we can out do any service member. I don't know if that is what you mean but there are lots of people like us and we all have complete respect for anybody serving our country and again would not even think we can "out do them"

3. microsoft

microsoft New Member

like I said, most players are just normal people with normal sized egos, and Im not knocking anyone who uses military tactics or gear, that is a necessity and is natural in this game

4. fradd

fradd New Member

The one and only war I've been to wasn't at a professional field. It was on a 22-acre field with trees surrounding it and a few bunkers here and there.
    There were only 30 people, and I already somehow knew half of them.
    So everyone was pretty decent.

Except that was where my pistol was stolen.

5. CQB

CQB New Member

I have had the opposite of this. Very few military personal go to my arena but, of the few that do a small amount of them hate on other kids. First timers are normally ignored even if they have a question that isn't random. For example,"How do I higher my FPS?" They just laugh instead of saying," you can buy a new spring or upgrade your gun internally." They do get a lot of questions and comments but still, they can get moody easily.

6. SOA_GHOST

SOA_GHOST New Member

Yeah I know the type. It's like calm down man, this isn't Afghanistan and you aren't special forces. They make the sport not fun for anyone. Especially when they rag on new kids or first timers.

7. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

I hate that. I remember once in a day like half the people I played with got stuff stolen. Including some tools and cheap parts I had and 8000 bbs. We thought It was a new guy we played with for the longest time. But recently we figured out one of my good friends has a bit of an issue with stealing

8. microsoft

microsoft New Member

I live in a navy town and by default there are lots of marines, but they are rarely seen, but there are plenty of SEALs and SWCC's that play, and if your on their team they are awesome dudes, not saying they wont mess with people, I heard of one who emptied his mag and threw it at a kid claiming it was a kill.
    But they are the most highly trained warriors on the planet...and some little 14 year olds try to say they know more than them, or even to say they know as much or just a little less then them is insulting.
    I have found if your chill with them they will return the favor.

9. xc0n

xc0n New Member

I get that sometime where people try to tell me that I'm not using proper sniping techniques and such and they will try to show me how I should do it. I find it a little amusing and normally humor them for a little. I also don't like when service members call the person out and show them everything they are doing wrong right on the spot. Yes, they may be a know it all person but i prefer to pull them aside later when there aren't a lot of people around. There isn't a need to embarrass them in front of everyone. Also I don't make it know publicly that I was in the USMC when on the field. Some people know and I'm more than happy to assist and give advice but I don't try to "ride" that fact. I'm just there to have fun like everyone else.
    But I do know what you are talking about.

10. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    Nothing like that around here.

Everyone here seems to have pretty great respect for all military members.

11. xc0n

xc0n New Member

I do have to say the respect here is good but you get those people who are new to the field or area and don't know who is a vet or service member. So its understandable it doesn't really bother me.

12. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Airsoft is really full of people who think that anyone in the service has descended from heaven and possesses Zeus’ lightning bolt lol. Sadly, there are a lot of losers in the army as well as awesome guys, and people are human. They can disappoint.

The service has so many members there’s always gonna be a guy you’re better at SOMETHING at, and a guy who’s going to completely out do you in everything. That’s life, and all people are different. Consequently, IMO, these attitudes of someone being “better” or “worse” than the rest of the world really have no sense behind them at all.

13. xc0n

xc0n New Member

I agree I have served with some guys that I think should have been replaced with some of the people I have played airsoft with. Some people have it and others don't its life for ya.

14. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    Well all military/ex military here whoop our butts so it's pretty easy to tell lol.

15. xc0n

xc0n New Member

Yea its like that where I play but there are only like 7 of us that are ex/ active military members. And we don't all play on the same team most times.

16. CQB

CQB New Member

Yes! If you get off good they are great guys. If you start off arguing who got hit, well you will not be in a good place.

17. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    Not down here around me, last time I played paint ball we had some vets show up and bash on everyone, because we wernt in camo, and because we haven't had the training that thay had. And to make it worse thay got mad and left because we walked all over them. Most vets are cool guys and I respect them, but some are just pricks.

18. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I doubt they were vets then. Military people like that aren't usually arrogant about what they know. Unless they didn't even experience combat and just got the training.

19. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    honestly thats what I think, but I never cared to ask, I just wanted them to shut up lol

20. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    The few military vets I've met that play airsoft have actually wanted to HELP us, either that or they don't even mention they were in the military until later...