Anyone else have HK45 problems?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by justinsinner, Sep 7, 2012.

1. justinsinner

justinsinner New Member

After about a month of normal use, my KWA HK45 has taken a dump on me.

1. Cylinder is broken already.

2. When it did fire, the feeder ramp would cause bb's to jam / double feed (which in turn probably caused the cylinder to break).

3. Slide pin lever would become loose after a few rounds and would actually FALL OUT while shooting. One time it actually fell out and the slide flew right off the gun. A sight to see, of course.

4. Slide notch (on the actual slide) that the slide pin catches on is already rounded off from the metal on metal contact, in-turn not letting the slide catch when the magazine is empty.

Anyone else have similar problems with their HK45? Curious if they're just not built well or if I happened to have gotten a lemon...

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Mine has a messed up cylinder that jams a lot. It's a common HK45 problem. I'm pretty sure almost every one has similar problems.

3. justinsinner

justinsinner New Member

Ridiculous. KWA is trying to tell me "hardly any HK45s have this problem". Haha.

4. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Yeah, KWA says that but they lie. Hey, they have to make money too. They can't afford to lose customers.

5. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Wow. Something else about KWA comes out.... Good info, was looking forwards to buying one of these.

6. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I'm just going from a general consensus from KWA's Forums (where all the KWA Elitists seem to hang out :) ) and it does seem like the HK45 does have a few problems with some of the models. According to KWA it's a "manufacturing inconsistency" or something and that it's being address.

Who knows, I'd like to know when they've straightened out this problem, the HK45 is one sexy gun. Supposedly you could open a ticket with KWA and see where it goes. Lately it seems like KWA's Umarex (err most of their new products in general, i.e. Gen1 ATP) have had issues/aren't up to my usual KWA standards.

7. justinsinner

justinsinner New Member

I opened a ticket and dropping the gun off tomorrow. From there they will decide if they can fix it "under warranty" or if they'll have to charge me.

Ughh I do hope this works out because yes, it is one sexy gun (ha).

8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Not sure if it's any consolation but I've heard this is a problem with many of the newer USP variants, as well as their trademarked variants. But the older versions seem to be fine.
    I own 4 and my newest one I purchased a little while ago has similar issues to what you described, but the 3 older ones are kicking just fine.

But yes, as aforementioned, remember ALL airsoft manufactures are about making money, and ALL believe they sell the best guns on the market for the price. It would be scary if a manufacture said "Yeah we sell great guns, but we believe Brand XYZ makes them better". 98% of buyers would say "alright, well screw you I'm getting Brand XYZ"

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  9. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus New Member

I too had problems with mine. I had to replace the cylinder after a week because the tap had bent just slightly. I tried filing the ramp down a bit and should have done it sooner because since I've replaced the cylinder there hasn't been an issue there. As for the slide catch, same problem. Fixed that with the tiniest dab of super glue. Let it dry real good, then take it back out. You may need something to help break the bond. I'm not exactly sure what it does but the catch hasn't fallen out since and can still remove it when I need to.

10. justinsinner

justinsinner New Member

I'm sorry but....super glue? :-/

11. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus New Member

Yep, you read that right. Super glue.

12. 3Len

3Len New Member

Paris
    Maybe the gas (propane,presumably) you guys use is too powerful for the high temperature this summer?All the symptoms described in the original post seem to indicate so.The gun is not necessarily a lemon.

13. Scarred

Scarred New Member

No the gas isn't the problem. I think the cylinders and the loading nozzles have problems. I know someone who replaced his and it shoots very well now.

14. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus New Member

I can say I've used nothing but green gas in mine. There's been a few complaints about it in the KWA tech forums. For some reason the nozzle tap gets or was manufactured malformed. Not sure if KWA has sent out a tech notice like they did with the ATP or not.

15. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I currently own two KWA HK45's and haven't had the slightest problem with either one. The first I've had for about 2 1/2 years now and the second for about a year. Both feed fine and I haven't had so much as a double feed or malfunction on either of them.

16. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Problem is, HK45s have only been around for a few months...maybe you're thinking of a KP45/USP, we're talking different guns if that's so.

17. sniperboi94

sniperboi94 New Member

**** your right. I saw 45 and got all excited. Well if what these guys are saying about the HK45 is true then I'll be staying away from them. And yes I was referring to my KP45's which in my book are amazing.

18. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus New Member

I don't think the problem exists anymore. It may just have been something with the first run batch, y'all know first runs always have QC problems. Well most of the time.