Airsoft Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
I’d go with the CA/Chihai rebrand then. It’s a known quantity. I own probably 4-5 Chihai motors and they all work fine with no standout issues.

On the flip side, T238 has some interesting MOSFET/ETU options available. I’ve looked at their stuff previously, but it was always marked up to near Perun prices. On their website though… might be worth checking out one of these days.

· Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’d go with the CA/Chihai rebrand then. It’s a known quantity. I own probably 4-5 Chihai motors and they all work fine with no standout issues.

On the flip side, T238 has some interesting MOSFET/ETU options available. I’ve looked at their stuff previously, but it was always marked up to near Perun prices. On their website though… might be worth checking out one of these days.
I ended up closing on the T238 motor. That is what i thought, i know some guys that run their mosfet line on their Aeg and they are satisfied, no issues at all, and their brushless motors seems nice, a little worse than the Warhead ones but overall they are good, i like their control board, nice capacitors, potentiometers etc. I will install it on my Aeg and post the results here, with pics.

· Registered
8 Posts
guys I have some personal connections with the owner of t238 in China. They recently started a research lab called STARIVER. The performance of the newest brushless motor from them ( a purple one) is incredible. Low heat, high efficiency, high torque and high speed. Much better than the option no.1 brushless motor I had. Unfortunately they don't have a oversea channel to sell them yet. here is a Chinese taobao link you can take a look at (login in link removed - GM3)

Please post a legitimate link.

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
I would skip the T238 Motor...you must use their MOSFET system...that is a a sign of POOR planning and development.

T238 Brushless Motor High Torque High Speed Airsoft Long Axis AEG Motor High Thermal Efficiency Stepless Speed Regulation Motor

Warning!!!

This brushless motor is best to use our brand ETU/MOSFET, not compatible with other brands of ETU/MOSFET, if the use of other brands of ETU/MOSFET causes motor failure, no warranty!

Feature:

Motor body material: CNC Aluminum precision machining

Motor gear: D type

Brushless, low heat at high output

Long service life, battery temperature

Emergency stop after power failure, no buffer, stable output

Overheat protection, low voltage protection, locked rotor protection

stepless speed regulation (range 50-100%) can be adjusted through the potentiometer of the small hole in the tail cover.

Specification:

Maximum power: 380W

Input voltage: 7.4-16.8V

11.1V voltage state

No load:

Speed: 33000rpm

Current: 1.8AMP

Load:

Speed: 25800rpm

Current: 20A

· Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I would skip the T238 Motor...you must use their MOSFET system...that is a a sign of POOR planning and development.

T238 Brushless Motor High Torque High Speed Airsoft Long Axis AEG Motor High Thermal Efficiency Stepless Speed Regulation Motor

Warning!!!

This brushless motor is best to use our brand ETU/MOSFET, not compatible with other brands of ETU/MOSFET, if the use of other brands of ETU/MOSFET causes motor failure, no warranty!

Feature:

stepless speed regulation (range 50-100%) can be adjusted through the potentiometer of the small hole in the tail cover.

Specification:

11.1V voltage state

No load:

Load:

The one I bought is a regular brushed motor, not the brushless, but I have seen videos where their brushless is tested with mosfets and it runs with no problems. The "problem" is that their brushless motor has an internal mosfet on the board. But I have heard that their new version does not have any interaction problem anymore, but can't confirm. As fair as I understand, the main thing is that if your mosfet has active breaking or any other feature that inverts polarity, by doing so it might damage the board on the brushless motor, because electronic boards should not have their polarity reversed. But as far as it is a basic mosfet, or at least one that does not use any function that requires inverting the polarity, you should be fine. I would never use active breaking on my builds because it puts a lot of stress on the motors, specially with a brushless motor where you can fine tune the speed, but I know that some guys need to use it.

· Registered
293 Posts

Warning!!!

Feature:

Specification:

11.1V voltage state

No load:

Load:

I have paired the T238 brushless with: Gate Titan Blue, Gate WARFET1.1, Perun V2 Hybrid, and G&G ETU. As with the WARHEAD brushless I have found the "Base" model handles Active-Brake without issue at no-more than 25% AB-on, but the WARHEAD Black is having issues with various boards AB-enabled. Active-brake is not needed for brushless. WARHEAD says to use very little active brake. There was a video I can't re-loacte, that was put out about a year ago, that was explaining why Active-Brake is not good for brushless motors. Understanding AB, I can understand why the company would not handle a warranty for a component that is paired with firmware/software that the industry knows has instructions set issues that are not refined, and that are not 'A standard'. Because... Airsoft.

Certainly would be interesting to compare the AB instruction sets of the Titan and Aster to the T238 MOSFETs.

· Registered
555 Posts
There was a video I can't re-loacte, that was put out about a year ago, that was explaining why Active-Brake is not good for brushless motors.
How does the T238 compare to the Warheads, in your experience?

The Perun also has easter egg musical tones it plays that can damage the brushless ESC.

I would personally love to see brushless ESCs being built into modern FCU/ETUs, or at least being an option to wire at a different place in the circuitry. It wouldn’t be that hard to have the ESC separate, so that you could use whatever AB and polarity reversing settings you wanted to.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts