Anyone know of G3 upgrades?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Pumpkin, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    Hey guys, was wondering if yall could help me out on upgrading my JG G3, I can't seem to find any other internal and extrnal parts except for Classic Army metal body, rail system, motor, tight bore, bucking, air nozzle, etc.. I guess this happens when I pick a gun that isn't really in high demand and uncommon for its own parts unlike M4 varients and AK's :confused:

To help, I'd just like my JG G3 to shoot further than it already does and a little bit more accurate and deadlier? speed doesnt concern me, FPS doesn't either as long as its above

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Internal upgrades are much more standard to gearbox type than gun model. Exterior upgrades can also be standard, such as sights, rail accessories (like grips, lights, lasers, grenade launchers). Even very unique guns have tons of possibilities. You just need to be more specific about what you want, if it is a new G3 body, or standard upgrades and accessories, then more help will arrive.

To shoot farther with more accuracy perhaps a new bucking or barrel.

3. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

So basically you want range, accuracy, and >360 fps.

4. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    I see alright. Well its an old JG G3 model from a few years ago, but I recently just bought it in April. Actually now that I think about it, my JG G3 has up to 410-420fps. I already found my bucking, tight bore, motor, metal body/barrel assembly and hop-up.

So really all I am looking for now, is a better gearbox, maybe ECHO-1 or something along the lines good, price isn't a problem.

5. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

6. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Echo-1 is JG rebranded.

Keep your gearbox... Just tune it. Mind posting a parts list? There's a good chance we can save you ALOT of what would be wasted money.

7. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Aye aye aye... Echo 1 is not just a rebrand!

8. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Yepperdoodledandy.

Echo1 isn't just a rebrand.

9. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready New Member

Duluth
    Well it's no better then the jg, it is infact a rebrand though, don't say other wise, it's a cyma v2 with a black paintjob and a echo 1 logo. i've bought there mp5 and had the gb side by side to a stock cyma v2, there was no differences in any of the parts.

10. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I will say otherwise. I suppose some are rebrands, some, not all. My M4 had a mixture of parts, not a rebrand.
    Common myth.

11. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    Yes.

I don't have any upgrades for it as of now, just a few upgrades I have in mind but I could have the wrong upgrades? The spec's for my gun are standard default G3. All I know, is that I am replacing the ABS plastic construction body and cocking/barrel assembly and 5 g3 500 high-cap magazines, rail system, madbull grenade launcher, and a steel flash hider. I don't know about anything else thou, I'd like tight-bore barrel for accuracy, I'd also like range and a better motor, bucking and metal hop-up. I don't wanna sound like a quest giver or anything, I just thought I'd ask here since I could tell the more experienced airsofters reside here, that and I dont know much about upgrading.

Iv'e been trying to find a gearbox for my g3 that outperforms my G3's standard one. But to no avail.

12. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Don't worry about replacing your gearbox, doing so will not affect your gun's performance in any way.

13. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    is there anyway I could better its range and accuracy?

14. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Barrel, hopup, and perfect your air seal.

15. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    Alright, thanks! I'll look more into those items for my gun :)

16. carlx2

carlx2 New Member

milton keynes
    hi ya i have the jg g3 with the R.I.S .. dude honestly iv done loads of upgrades !!! now mine is great
    all you really need is a tight bore barrel .. use the standard gearbox shell and add a guarder revolution high speed motor and metal bearing bushings.
    the range is already better than most aeg's out there i have people commenting on mine about the range and accuracy every time i go to skirmishes.
    the best place to order parts that i have found is WGScshop.com mainly because they give you drop down menus and you can select g3
    and it has the biggest range of products for g3 and they deliver to the UK faster than red-wolf