anyone ordered from classicarmyshop.com before?

Discussion in 'Company Reviews' started by dingo_, May 12, 2018.

1. dingo_

dingo_ Member

boston
    I put an order in on May 3 for a stock that only they seem to have, at least for half the price of the $90 madbull version. I've only gotten a receipt to my email from PayPal that the order payment went through, no order confirmation from them, and no shipping updates. When I log into my account on their website I have no orders under the orders section, but it definitely went through on PayPal.

I submitted an email about it through their chat function 4-5 days ago with no response and sent another email directly today. Thoughts?

2. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Martinsburg
    Call them. Their website might be messed up.

3. Poops McGhee

Poops McGhee New Member

Lawrenceburg
    I ordered a hop up from them a while back. After waiting a month I decided to email them with no response (a few times) so I started a dispute through PayPal. Low and behold, I got an email from them telling me that they didn’t charge me enough for shipping and they wanted more money. I told them to just give me a refund as I’ve already waited a month and I wasn’t giving them any money. I was told they were not going to give me a refund and that was the last I’ve heard from them. Hopefully PayPal can help me out but I’m the future, I won’t be giving classic army any more of my money. I couldn’t imagine customer service being any worse anywhere.

dingo_ and -Spitfire- like this.
  4. Poops McGhee

Poops McGhee New Member

Lawrenceburg
    I forgot to mention... go to their Facebook page and send them a DM. That’s the only way I’ve ever been able to communicate with them, at least before I got PayPal involved.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  5. dingo_

dingo_ Member

boston
    Thanks for the response, you shouldn't have any problem getting a refund through PayPal with how buyer-sided they are.

Ah, well I don't have a facebook anymore. If giving them a phone call doesn't work, I'll try using my girlfriend's facebook. Thanks for letting me know.

Also just realized it's now been 2 full weeks since I ordered, I've emailed them 3 times now, and tried to use the chat function on their site to get in contact twice with still absolutely no communication. That's kind of an impressive lack of customer service for such a decently sized airsoft company.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    -Spitfire- likes this.
  6. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Martinsburg
    They've been trying to catch up recently... I'd leave some reviews on FB in hope that they fix themselves...

dingo_ likes this.
  7. dingo_

dingo_ Member

boston
    I just tweeted at both the ClassicArmy HK and ClassicArmy USA accounts about it, if there's still no response I'll give facebook a try this weekend when I hopefully have a day off. This unfortunately coincided with some back-to-back 60hr work weeks when I don't really have a chance to talk on the phone.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  8. dingo_

dingo_ Member

boston
    Well I just tried calling the phone number they have listed, I can't get it to go thru on my cell phone. I used the US exit code then their number and it's just silence for about 5-10 seconds then the call drops. Looks like that may not be an option I guess.

Poops McGhee likes this.
  9. Poops McGhee

Poops McGhee New Member

Lawrenceburg
    Sounds about right. I didn’t even bother calling, wasn’t sure how calling Hong Kong was going to go in the event someone actually answered. Didn’t realize they had a US extension though.
    Keep us posted on any developments, I’m interested to see how it works out for you since I’m in the same situation right now. Good luck

10. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member

Minneapolis
    Why am I not surprised...

Chow likes this.
  11. Itsahak

Itsahak Active Member

I ordered an AEG from there over a year ago. Shipping was delayed, but I received an email telling me it would be delayed by two weeks because I had ordered during the Chinese new year. I still received it in about a month.

-Spitfire- and dingo_ like this.
  12. dingo_

dingo_ Member

boston
    I've yet to receive any sort of email from them (order confirmation, shipping update, delayed update, any response to the 5 emails I've sent), only a receipt from PayPal.

I just did the 'report a problem' on PayPal today to send a message to them through there, maybe that will be worthy of a response.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  13. dingo_

dingo_ Member

boston
    Surprise, surprise, still no replies. I just escalated it to PayPal, looks like I will likely be taking my money elsewhere.