APS Conception as a company. Why so much hate?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by G18c-User, May 24, 2018.

1. G18c-User

G18c-User Member

Washington
    I have recently been exploring discussions across different platforms about the APS Shark & black hornet, because in my interest in them. That is beside the point; I have seen alot of people stating APS Pistols in this case as "pure garbage." I wasn't ready to go along with that statement, and am thus creating this thread to fufill my understanding of APS & their GBB systems, and why they recieve so much hate.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    It's their history. They haven't made anything out the the box without issues. From the First units in that rusted in the box to the brittle mechboxes that shattered like glass. From leaky mags to bad paint and low grade alloys. This is a sign that this company doesn't give a poo about the end user and thus you should not be a fan.

As a consumer...why would you tolerate this behavior and hope that the next thing they make will be good.

link0 likes this.

3. FlightSimGuy

FlightSimGuy Well-Known Member

Cortez
    Because... EA.

4. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    It’s odd though, their thunder B ‘nades seems to be fine (I don’t like them myself) and their shotgun is pretty sound, but the mk2 I don’t like (stupid idea)

5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Their current Thunder B's are fine. You should have seen the first two batches destroying themselves on first use back in the early 2010's.

One guy on the now defunct Airsoft IA board video'd his first use and when that thing went off you could see the head separate and fly off in another direction. It was a low quality alloy issue and it became a fragmentation grenade.

And their shotty had to under go a redesign for safety reason...it could light off a real shell among other things...

6. mourakue

mourakue Member Supporting Member

Colorado Springs
    Yeah, insanely poor track record. I remember my buddy's UAR went sour the first day he used it... They make a lot of stuff that looks cool and sounds nice, but there are way more better options.

7. Chairsofter3D

Chairsofter3D Member

Montville
    Having spoken with a "rep" at one point last year for APS they are slowly trying to improve their quality control. But really the Cam870 is treated as their flagship. That being said I have a custom Ak coming in from Arrowhead Airsoft on FB that uses an APS AK74 as the base gun, their AK externals aren't bad if you don't deliberately beat the crap out of them. But yes, in general they're not suited for people who can't do a mech box rebuild.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    As long as Frog is in control...they will continue to "slowly" improve their QC.