are jgs worth it?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by strahta009, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    JG and CYMA are very similar, but JGs are definitely worth it. And when they wear out, you can upgrade them.

2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    You are on a forum, no? Take advantage of this and do the research! There are tons of threads on here discussing JG, Dboys, CYMA, and every other brand you have questions about. It's not that hard.

3. strahta009

strahta009 New Member

bullhead city
    im aware, and i know the jgs are great platforms, i was just wondering if it was better than the cyma, no one has really reviewed it, it just came out this year

4. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    Personally, I'd take a JG over a CYMA, but I've met people who prefer otherwise.

5. strahta009

strahta009 New Member

bullhead city
    Airsoft megastores customer service said that the cyma and jg are identical, just cyma uses polymer. it all comes down to what i wanna throw money at now lol

6. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    If you're going with cyma, I would go with one of their AK's. That being said, I believe the JG M4's are fairly good for what you pay.

7. Bostitch

Bostitch Well-Known Member

Waldorf
    JG is definitely regarded as one of the better clone manufacturers out there. Cyma makes a great AK line, but if it's an M4 you are looking at, you can't go wrong with a JG (obviously with the exception of stepping up to the more expensive brands). JG makes a great motor and their gearboxes are nice and strong as well. The only thing they really "suffer" from is the same as any other clone...over greasing/heavy grease in the mechbox, and loose shimming. If you are mechanically inclined, my only suggestion to get any JG running in tip-top shape (mechbox wise) is to tear it open as soon as you get it, re-grease it, and re-shim it. I have owned and worked on everything from Tokyo Marui to A&K, and for the price you really can't go wrong with a JG.

8. strahta009

strahta009 New Member

bullhead city
    i now my way around a hopup, but im 100% mechbox inept lol

9. strahta009

strahta009 New Member

bullhead city
  10. Bostitch

Bostitch Well-Known Member

Waldorf
    Thats going to be a polymer body gun, not metal. It will be way stronger than JG plastic, but not quite up to metal body strength/weight/feel. KA mechbox shimming will be nicer out of the box than a JG, but the JG box itself is stronger..just needs some refinement. That being said, basically the only guns I wouldn't instantly rip apart and re-shim are stock TMs or full custom built guns anyways....if you want metal body and a great base gun for upgrades, go for the JG.

11. strahta009

strahta009 New Member

bullhead city
    i prefer polymer guns, i also found echo1 genesis guns.