Are plastic spring air guns good for starters

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by airtruck304, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

Plastic air gun rifle that is. My cousin is starting and he needs a low budget air gun and I am suggesting a hobbytron spring rifle

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What's his budget? What is he gonna use it for? If you go to a regular airsoft field with a "springer", you'll be hopelessly outgunned.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh I think no, Tri shot DEs I hear are ok for starters but at the very least I would recommend a lancer tactical for around 90 bucks, if you can't afford that you really shouldn't be getting into airsoft. Quality masks are around 10-20, and a smart charger is 15 used in most cases, that's not even counting extra mags or batts.

4. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Wait. Air gun? As in Pellet gun? .177 pellets? BB gun?

5. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

He is willing to spend 25$ on it and he just wants it for 2-4 vs. 2-4 backyard battles

Ummmm... What are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
  6. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Nope nothing under 25 dollars is worth it.

7. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

How would you know? My freind and and I (plus a couple others) were playing a backyard battle and he used a 20$ airsoft m14 (spring) and he was the best player over all. In the 45 minutes we played hegut about 15 kills... Long range!

8. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Because in a backyard you won't have that much of a distance to shoot at. And try using that spring M14 in a REAL airsoft field mate.

9. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    How would I know? Huh you're right I'm clearly not knowledgeable at all I spend 300 dollars on guns when I can get a 25 dollar gun which would preform just as well....Dude please teach me how to be good. But I do have spelling going for me.

Also why ask me (part of the forum) a question if you aren't going to believe me?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  10. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

Look, my cousin just wants to shoot it in small back yard battles and just shoot it at targets. He just needs a gun to begin with

11. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

If your cousin thinks he's just going to be playing backyard, then get a cheap springer and be disappointed. But, when I first started I thought, "I'm just going to be playing backyard and in the woods occasionally, so I'll be fine buying a crap DE." Little did I know, my friend had bought a nice AEG, while my other friends and I had LPEGs.

Now, I have 3 nice guns and my own team; I severally regret buying 5 different LPEGs... I could have bought a good AEG with that money.... Just save yourself the trouble and buy an actual AEG.

12. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

Like I said before he just wants to do it with small backyard battles . Besides I have a small pistol springer, although it only has 15 bbs as max cap I can shoot it almost as fast as my AEG m4 plus it can shoot about 30-50 yards

13. BmanP1

BmanP1 New Member

Your springer pistol shoots as fast as an AEG? You must have a really bad AEG...

14. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Dude your aeg m4 must seriously suck, mine shoots 15 rounds a second, and that's on the low end of speed. I can't pull the slide back on a pistol 15 times a second and 30-50 yards? First off thats a 60 feet difference second, it's not true.

15. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    That spring pistol CANNOT shoot 30-50 yards. If it shoots almost as fast as your AEG, you're doing something wrong mate.

16. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    30 yards is 90 feet, 50 yards is 150 feet.. I have never seen wait let me rephrase NEVER EVER seen a springer pistol go that far, if you want to get 150 feet out of a pistol it would probably have to be a TM. Like the other people have said, with $25 don't buy anything, he will probably get owned even in a backyard war, but if he must let him get it since you don't want advice.

17. airtruck304

airtruck304 New Member

My AEG kinda does suck. I am going to get a new one soon. It shoots 2-3 bbs per second. I can shoot 2 bbs per second on my springer

18. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    How does your M4 only shoot 180 RPS...?

19. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

He is probably at the stage where .12 gram bbs plus a $20 gun means you are a amazing airsoft player. By the way I think you mean 180 rpm jelly. But I don't think it is possible for a electric gun to have that low of a rof. Anyways I think my 7 year old neighbor is more knowledgeable about airsoft. Although I've taught him everything he knows.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  20. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Look he an waste his money. He can buy a cheap springer. Eventually he will either get tired of airsoft or realize its time to upgrade. Just tell him to go to Walmart and buy a cheap gun that will maybe last about a couple of months. There is no thing as a quality cheap springer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.