Are These Good Airsoft Starting Items?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by TheNegro, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    I've put together a cart of items I want to buy, just looking for some input.
    [​IMG]

2. crossmanownsjk

crossmanownsjk New Member

Houston
    Ya they are great for starting items.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Get some heavier BBs. Trust me.

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Not sure making a thread for this is necessary, but either way, are you sure the .028s connectors are mini? I had a Kraken Aftermath, which is a rebranded cm.028 and it had large connectors.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If you're not one of those people that think li-po's are ticking bombs, then I highly recommend you get a 7,4v li-po and a cheap basic balance charger. I also agree on the BB's, heavier BB's should yield better range and accuracy.

6. Dergle

Dergle New Member

For starting out you definitely have the right idea. As previously stated, you should get heavier bbs, probably .25s. Also, make sure you get white bbs instead of another color like the green as you listed. This way, you can actually see where your shots are going, and adjust your aim and hopup based on watching them fly. It may be a good idea to invest in some proper gloves and boots as well, if not now, then in the near future. Nobody likes a twisted ankle, nor being shot in the knuckles xD. But over all, you should be set up for hours of good airsofting with this equipment. Good luck!

7. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    If you're getting the AK, as marine suggests, check the battery connectors. If the AK comes with a large type battery connector and you want to use the mini-type battery (recommended), then you will need an adaptor. They don't cost much, but you'll still need one.

Normally, AKs use a large type battery, but they are difficult to install, fit tightly, and therefore are a pain to remove, which is why it is advisable to use the mini-type battery. However, AKs are also known for losing their buttplate, which is where the battery goes into the stock. One of my teammates has one and he uses a piece of painters tape to keep the buttplate in place. Painters tape, unlike other tapes, such as duct or electrical, will not leave a sticky residue on the gun.

Anyway, hope this helps.

8. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Looks pretty good, but I would say go the lipo+balance charger route as lipos are much better and .25 bbs.

9. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Guyz he isn't getting this stuff, he got other stuff.

10. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    He is correct: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f38/christmas-story-66948/

Regardless of which package, both are good for a beginner. Just remember to use a smart charger. The charger imaged in your new thread looks like a standard charger.

Enjoy the sport. Any further questsions feel free to ask.

--CLOSED--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.