Are these good to go to an airsoft game for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Parq, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Parq

Parq New Member

These are some items i am going to order, was just wondering if they're suitable for field play. In the woods? Im 15 yrs

[​IMG]

2. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Hartsgrove
    I would ditch the safety glasses for a set of full-seal goggles. Gloves seem to be good. In my opinion the helmet and face mesh are not necessarily needed for woodland play. I would also recommend having long pants and a long-sleeve shirt for your style of play. It can help reduce your chances of getting mauled by bugs and poison ivy etc...

3. Tyrnek

Tyrnek Member

I'd recommend Mechanix-type gloves over the ones you have listed, unless you're very sensitive about getting hit in the hands.

For the sake of a clear conscience, I can't recommend anything other than military-grade full-seal goggles for eyepro. Yes, I'm serious - I can no longer recommend ANSI Z87 because of the way the testing standards are set. ESS Profiles go for pretty cheap on the fleabay, though to be fair I don't know what the situation is up in Canada.

The helmet and mesh mask look pretty generic, so I'd say they're ok. Apart from goggles, headgear is a personal preference, though the lower hardmask is a good idea, as getting teeth shot out is not a fun experience.