Are we truly the last forum standing?

Discussion in 'Forum Support and Announcements' started by Nineball69, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Nineball69

Nineball69 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What it says on the tin.

I see places like Arnie's that are still up and seem fairly active. Are there any other airsoft forums that still exist?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Airsoft Forum is...but not enough people online to support two.

The local MAA forum is still up..but mainly used for BST.

Nineball69 likes this.

3. Nineball69

I can't seem to get into ASF. Are they dead, presently?

I kind of miss Renegadecow...

4. Chow

Chow Well-Known Member Supporting Member

DFW
    A lot of people that were on this forum 10 years ago or so outgrew airsoft and I think that new people aren't bothered enough to create log-ins for additional websites/forums. I'm glad this forum is still up, but I don't have time to get on anymore since I haven't played airsoft in years and/or any info I have that may be worth posting is likely super out-of-date.

Outside of youtube comments or reddit, I haven't seen any other new airsoft forums crop up. If anything, there may be more people that get involved in a local forum, perhaps belonging to a specific field or area.

Nineball69 likes this.
  5. Nineball69

I think I know what you mean. Tried playing multiple times, years ago. Just couldn't do it, wasn't having much fun. I like the guns and militaria that I collect though.

Chow likes this.
  6. Chow

Chow Well-Known Member Supporting Member

DFW
    Yeah, I still have one of my AK replicas and I think my old JPC, but ended up selling most everything else. I loved playing at one of the larger fields here in DFW, but once friends started started to quit playing and things got busy, it got pushed to the back burner. The last time I went (thinking it was 2018 or so), it was just not worth the effort, time, or money to get everything ready and spend an entire Saturday doing it. Maybe I'll try again at some point, but I have no idea when that would be

Nineball69 likes this.
  7. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this forum will out live airsoftforum. But after that if this forum one day shuts down I'm sure someone will start a new one.

But the real challenge is keeping with it year after year, even when personal interests change or if something horrible happens like file corruption.

Chow likes this.
  8. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    And it looks like ASF is down for good...it minnow flipped a few months back and spam bots was running amok in the site...

9. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

Thats a shame...

10. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

This! The way real life is for me nowadays I'm lucky to check in a couple times a week, and that's mostly only long enough to make sure you idiots haven't burnt the place down. :D

Ben3721 and MADR77 like this.
  11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Hides matches in left hand behind back....

Chow, OutlawAirsoft and Shady like this.
  12. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member