ares g36 battery fitting

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Gl333n, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Gl333n

Gl333n New Member

lebanon
    Hello I'm new to the airsoft forum.
    I just have one question. I just recently bought an ARES g36 aeg with blowback. I also purchased a g&p 9.6v battery to go along with the gun. It's a 2x4 battery, excuse my lack of terminology. The battery plugs in and works fine with the gun my problem is though, when sliding the battery cover over the battery and the barrel it gives me a little trouble but i get it on. But the pin that you slide in to hold the cover/rail system to the gun doesn't line up. Should i maybe get a new battery or an external battery case/box?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh well, I have fit a 2x4 1600mah 9.6v intellect into the thing, but you do really have to fight it to get that pin in, keep working at it.

3. Hydro

Hydro New Member

I dont know how Ares looks in the battery compartment, but in my JG G36 I did a small cut to that "L shape battery holder" so it looks like an I.

4. Gl333n

Gl333n New Member

lebanon
    thanks for the responses i finally finagled it in there. wicked tight fit too

5. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    It's fairly typical for this gun, or any G36C to have a tight fit with a 9.6v. Hydro's advice is about as good as it gets, short of using an 8.4v, which generally fits just fine. As an Echo-1 G36C owner, the best I can tell you is turn the pin as you push it through, it helps me when mine doesn't line up right.

6. lentj

lentj New Member

East Aurora
    I run an Ares G36C and use the same battery you describe. It fits easily if you think about putting it in a little differently. Turn the gun upside down, slide the foregrip forward, not off. Put the battery in with the leads facing to the back. Slide the battery until it stops, hook up the leads, and then slide the foregrip back over it.
    Just make sure you don't pinch the wires. Should take less than 30 seconds. It shouldn't be a struggle or be a tight fit.