Ares G36CV

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Atreides, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Hey everyone!
    Just joined and wanted to talk about my new pride and joy, as well as asking a couple of questions.

So I just bought the Ares G36CV, and I must say it's incredible!

I'll be posting up a full review pretty soon but I have some upgrading questions.
    I was talking to a local airsoft shop, whom I bought the gun from and was hoping to upgrade it. I was originally going to just disable the blowback and all would be well... but after yesterday's op at RPC in NH I fell in love with the gun and blowback feature! It beautifully crisp, clear, and slightly intimidating.

***So I was wondering if there's a way to upgrade it is a way for a much stronger and yet durable piston to keep the Ebb of the G36CV and reliably run an 11.1V lipo.

Stock spring is an M120, I chrono'd it at 367-377 with 0.25's and just a few lower at the field's chrono.
    Aside from the piston mentioned above, I wish to change the piston head, cylinder head, cylinder, bucking and nub, new TBB, re-shim, re-grease, AOE, etc. Will most likely have the shop do it lol.

Any help, especially with knowledge of my gun or at least EBB's in general would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Dream shattered for you, micro switch is too weak to handle 11.1 reliably.

3. Atreides

Atreides New Member

How is it too weak?
    I've heard of players using an 11.1 on the MS without fail.

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    "Heard"
    And for exactly how long did that gun last?

Someone else on here just killed the micro switch in the Masada.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    solution: mosfet
    doesn't matter if it's a micro switch, 11.1v will eat up standard trigger contacts without mosfet protection

no need to replace barrel, cylinder and cylinder head. i recommend going with a 7.4v for reliability and a better motor (your choice of neodymium torque or speed). don't forget to use 16 awg wiring and deans/xt60 connectors.

6. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Nice choice of weaponry, I just bought one myself, thought it was Ares but it wasn't, it was umarex and s&t, not umarex and ares. You can tell the difference if the gears inside are branded s&t or if it has a collapsable stock. With blowback I wouldn't use a 11 v battery.

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Um.....Mikeinator...
    ARES is the only one who uses that micro switch design....
    Umarex doesn't make crap...they just license stuffs.
    S&T is like the sub division of ARES that makes cheaper versions of the guns that ARES made.

8. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Yes ares is the only one, they have minor differences in their external appearance, so I went with s&t though since I liked the stock more and was going to replace the internals so they weren't crap (don't care for ares or s&t internals) S&t isnt a subdivision, they export guns, occasionally build them, from many brands, I don't know if ares is on that list though.

9. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

By heard he may mean how evike claims that the g36c by ares is lipo ready. I wouldn't risk it on mine. With or without a micro switch.

10. Atreides

Atreides New Member

I finally disabled the blowback function and with a 7.4 Lipo I'm at roughly 15 rps. The G36CV cycles a bit smoother after the EBB is disabled. Fps is still steady at a bit under 370 with 0.25's. So far about 3,000 rounds have been put though the gun.

The hopup bucking/nub is "weak" so anything past 0.25's is useless.
    With the hopup up to the max, the maximum effective range is about 150-160 feet (175 ft TOPS, it drops dead) shooting at a box of coaxial cable (1.5 ft x 1.5 ft roughly) landing atleast 8/10 with a slight curve to the right.
    Will replace bucking/nub with a madbull red bucking with black h-nub to see if it improves things at all.
    Tight bore barrel to be added eventually.

Still very impressed with the gun.