Featured ARES TAR-21 Problem

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by ACR too OP, Jul 28, 2020.

1. ACR too OP

ACR too OP New Member

Akron
    So my tar-21 has this problem where on full auto, every consecutive shot curves up after the first shot (over hopping). However, on semi-auto, this problem is absent. I have tried cleaning the barrel and lubing the hop up chamber and the lubing does help for a short while but it goes right back to over hopping after about 100 rounds. Anyone ever encounter a problem like this or know what might be the cause?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Keep all lubricants "off" the hop-up rubber. Never put oil on parts that impart some action via a friction contact.

Are you shooting .20g bbs? In SA the Nozzle pre-stages the bb. Prestaging the bb means the BB is set in the packing (AKA Bucking).

In FA...it does not do this. So rather...your issue is your are over-hopping for FA and SA is not taking the right back spin.

ACR too OP likes this.

3. ACR too OP

ACR too OP New Member

Akron
    Interesting. I am shooting .30s and it helps marginally. So do you think it is a hop up issue, a feeding issue, or possibly something else causing the over hopping to occur in full auto but not semi auto

4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Did you change your nozzle?

5. ACR too OP

ACR too OP New Member

Akron
    No I never did. Could the problem be the air nozzle

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Not if it's stock...and this problem started happening recently?