Aridfleck rig/PC

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Phillies2406, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Are there any Aridfleck rigs or plate carriers for sale anywhere, that are decently priced? My budget is $150-200 but I'd sacrafice quality for a cheaper price, as long as the quality does decrease drastically. ( Don't kill me Knief ) I'm around 5'5" but have very broad sholders. If there aren't any that suit my budget, what color rig/plate carrier would suit the camo the best. I was thinking CB, but I saw a picture of someone with OD over his Aridfleck shirt, and that was pretty nice. This is aridfleck.

S10501055-2T.jpg

Edit: Okay well the only vests I could find were expensive or too cheap to be worth buying ( most likely ). I decided to buy a CB PC.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Aridfleck is way out of my area of expertise, but I'd definitely pair khaki with that over CB. What carrier did you decide on?

3. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Solid choice on the vest. Yeah, those pouches will each hold one G36 mag. You could find some 3x M4 mag pouches that will fit two G36 mags after you've cut the tabs off if you need more space. G36 mags kind of just suck to carry.

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

They do indeed, suck to carry. But you know, fleck & G36 series go together. I'll probably replace the pouches, or get a drop leg platform once I get more mags.

6. EagleDriver

EagleDriver New Member

Aridflek is made by Mil-Tec and they might make gear for it as I have seen a tactical vest at IWA in the pattern at their booth this year, but I have not seen any for sale online. Barring that I would have to second the Khaki recommendation to wear with it.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

How long will it take that PC to get here in PA, from Shooter CB Gear? I'd like to get it from my grandma for Christmas, but she's having very severe back problems and it'll take her a while. My mom will probably have to order it. Do you think it would get here in time if I ordered it on the 10th?

EDIT: I remember seeing it takes around a week or so somewhere, I just want to confirm.

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, it should take less than a week. The thing about ordering near Christmas is that all shipping is slowed down a bit because so many people ship things this time of year, the shipping companies are over capacity a bit. Add a couple days for safety's sake and you're still talking well before Christmas in most cases.

9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Okay thanks. Also, I'm opting for the PC over arid fleck and using standard flecktarn. I'm hoping to go for something like this.

ForumRunner_20121206_210850.jpg

That is a khaki vest, correct? Should I go CB instead? It just seems rather light to me.

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That vest isn't really khaki. Color names in gear don't mean a lot. One company's khaki isn't going to be the same as the next company's khaki. When we talk about "khaki" and "Coyote Brown" on here, we're almost always using Eagle Industry's khaki and CB as the benchmark because they make the vast majority of the khaki and CB gear used by the US military. EI khaki is significantly greener and less saturated than that, so it won't look nearly as ridiculous. Trust me, go khaki. You have to believe, man.

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I will believe, but do I get a money back garuntee from you? ;) As for the helmet, what's your opinion on painting them? This one website has legit ( I believe ) German kevlar helmets. But only in black, would I be able to paint it? I'll get a link, hang on.

Hmm, it is out of stock......
    http://www.hessenantique.com/Bundeswehr_Kevlar_Helmet_p/habw16660.htm

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I don't know if the German army allows them to paint helmets, but you could definitely paint it if you wanted to. US SOF certainly does.

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Hmm, well its out of stock so I'll just order something in the right color. As for face protection, is there a full face mask that'll fit with the helmet? The helmets is a Mich 2000 replica, I'll have the link tommorow. Most fields around me require a full face so........ I'm going to need that.

14. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Grab a nice set of goggles (ESS profiles, Bolle x1000, Revision Locusts, etc.) and a mesh half mask. It'll fit with the helmet and look better. Plus, you can ditch the mask if the rules allow.

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I believe the field only allows mesh lower if your over 18 years old. Mesh lower was my first choice, but I need a low profile mask. Something sized like the dye I4 but ~$30.

16. gr_vander

gr_vander New Member

Dallas
    Hey I saw you on insta gram I'm alexvander

17. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

That's cool, but next time send me a PM if you want to tell me something like that.

Anyways, my grandma ordered the Aridfleck for whatever reason. So I'll have to buy the carrier later. I'll probably get it sometime in January. So I do have one problem. About 5 days ago my mom ordered a FAST base jump style replica helmet for me for Christmas, from Airsoft club. But she recently got an e-mail that it might not get here until January 4th. My PEQ-15 battery box that I recently got from them took ~1 1/2 weeks to get here. But I know the holidays screw everything and anything up shipping time wise, and the helmet is obviously larger than the PEQ-15 battery box. Any idea if it'll have a chance to get here on time? I know sometimes websites over estimate the time by quite a bit.

Also, can we change the name of this thread to Phillie's gear thread? Only because most members still call me Phillie. I'll be using this for all of my gear questions.

Edit: Yeah, like max said. My bad.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  18. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Actually, you'd change it to Phillie's gear thread. :p

19. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member

Eastcoast
    Hey minuhmize I think its really cool that you are doing a German loadout, as almost no one has one. I wear tropentarn with OD gear, and sometimes flecktarn with OD gear. khaki will look good with flecktarn/arid/tropentarn, but OD looks really nice as well.
    On another note, if you want realism go for the mich 2000, but if you don't mind some custom stuff, a green IBH will look sick with flecktarn.

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Do Germans wear the MICH 2000? It seems unlikely that they wouldn't wear something German, but I'm not so hot with foreign gear.