Asg m40a3 sportline is it good ?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Theirry, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Theirry

Theirry New Member

Greenville
    I'm getting back into airsoft after a number of years not playing and want to do some sniping. I'm on a very strict budget and was looking at the Asg m40a3 sportline .... seen a few reviews on YouTube and was wanting to ask other users if it's worth the 80 bucks ... yes it is a cheap gun and I'm sure not many upgrade parts available for it but I also don't plan to play as often as most of you do .... any advice is most appreciated ... thanks for your time in advance

2. Henrique

Henrique New Member

Jaraguá do Sul

3. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    its on the top of my list when i get into sniper rifles if that means anything lol. glowing reviews on youtube! imho can't go wrong if youre on a budget

4. SkyEye

SkyEye Member

Tucson
    I was gonna start sniping and have been considering this sniper rifle or the CYMA L96. How much freedom is there for upgrading with the M40A3?

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member

Minneapolis
    Anything with Sportline...stay away.

ASG is getting in bed with CA and "anything" CA Sportline is poo.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  6. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Well-Known Member

Mountain Home
    Don't get the cyma, it uses the TM AWS system. You can read about it on Airsoft Sniper Forum.

7. SkyEye

SkyEye Member

Tucson
    Being by Tokyo Marui, I'm sure that it's exceptionally accurate. But It's far outside of my price range for just a beginner sniper rifle. The Matrix marui clones look more appealing. Also 300fps for a sniper?

8. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    I dont know man. theres many reviews of this exact sportline asgm40 and i cannot see anything wrong with this. hell, the reviews in evike are great. the non-sportline still use most of the parts as the base

9. BOA_SP3CT3R

Mountain Home
    It's cyma. TM style/TM clone doesn't mean made by Marui. It just means it uses(or should use) the same system and parts. The AWS system has the mag in the correct place so it's more realistic, but it uses a proprietary hopup chamber and feeding mechanism. There are issues related to those, mainly the feeding fin isn't reliable and the hopup leaks air. The stock fps doesn't matter too much, sniper rifles require lots of upgrading anyway. What's your price range? Cyma makes an M40a3 that has decent stock internals.

10. SkyEye

SkyEye Member

Tucson
    Not even sure if I'm gonna enjoy airsoft sniping so pretty low. $150 is probably my limit. No model preference.

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Reviews from Evike...are worthless. They don't even post the bad ones.

Hey, I used to argue with CA for defective "Sportline" products....if this is a CA sportline...you will have issues.

-Spitfire- and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  12. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    Sportline means base model for most brands . Be it polymer body or inferior internals.

Just watch or find as much reviews.

Again, it's an $80 great preforming sniper stock. Hard to go wrong!

13. BOA_SP3CT3R

Mountain Home
    There aren't many upgrades for it, so I wouldn't get it.
    Many people get a bolt gun and then realize they're outgunned by those with AEG's. Might be better to ask on ASF, but the cyma M40 seems pretty good. There are some parts in it that should be replaced(nylon spring guide & piston) but it performs pretty well out of the box. See if you can find one cheap enough(I believe it's the cyma cm.700).

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    What other company has a "Sportline" category?

The ASG M15 already smacks of CA. M15, Armalite...that is all CA.

adas1223 likes this.
  15. SkyEye

SkyEye Member

Tucson
    Is “CA” Classic Army?

16. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Martinsburg
    yes.

17. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    not sure if rhetorical lol. some include G&G, CYMA, S&T, Umarex etc...