ASG marks on gun's frame...

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by gunnerk19, Jun 7, 2019.

1. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Just got a Dan Wesson 715 revolver. Is there any way to remove the "ASG" and " Pentagon F-Cal. 6mm BB Made in Taiwan" markings on the right side of the frame without screwing up the finish? The gun looks nice but to me those are more than a bit off-putting.

[​IMG]

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You bought a Wingun?

Does the ASG and 6mm mrking have texture? If it does...no..if it doesn't, perhaps you can scrape it off with a plastic knife with a nice sharp broken edge.

3. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    I did. I don't skirmish. It's strictly for plinking paper from about 15 feet indoors and as a display piece. It works for my needs, and it looks hella better than the "Valve-system-the-size-of-a-Kenworth" stretched frame older DW revolvers.

I can't really tell if it has texture or not, my fingertips are pretty calloused so that makes it difficult. I tried using a Birchwood Casey "gun blue" pen and that really didn't do as well as it does on the black finish guns, but now I'm thinking maybe a gray magic marker might work at least enough to make them less noticeable.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Scrape at it with a broken plastic knife. It won't hurt it and it it scrapes off...bonus!

5. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    Welp, tried a silver sharpie, actually made it stand out more.

Tried some black shoe polish, in hopes of darkening the letters, didn't work.

Tried some Mother's polish, it took the "Steel Grey" finish off, down to the "Nickel" underneath. Now I have a dime sized blemish on the frame :mad:

I can only conclude that the damned ASG stuff is laser engraved.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Ummm...how did use a "broken" plastic knife lead you to "chemicals" :p

7. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    1. I don't have any broken plastic knives.

2. I assumed the marks were printed on one way or another, and would come off or at least darken much the same as similar markings on other pistols I've owned.

The blemished spot really isn't all that bad, it's not much bigger than an airsoft BB itself, so meh. I'm the only one that's really going to see it.

IMO it appears all of ASG's DW717's are silver, and the "steel grey" versions simply have a transparent colored coating applied to them.