assault rifle anyone?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by poston, Aug 4, 2012.

1. poston

poston New Member

Colchester
    Hello, I'm looking into getting an assault rifle mainly if not only for field, now my prefrence on gun model well I guess the only gun look I don't like the look of are the ak-47's. My budget is around 300-350ish. I would like it to have range and accuaracy in mind, ROF isn't too important to me. I would also like it to be able to upgrade later on if I so choose to so I guess that means no kwa. I've been looking into TM's which seem a very promising product, was looking at their aug, and p90, but they like many other companies have a pretty big line up. Oh and I don't mind if it's a gas gun or a electric, and I know gas is more expensive to shoot. Thanks ahead of time guys and gals.

2. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

Good man, you posted with the correct format and you did your research. I will edit this post later if I have any suggestions.

3. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    For that amount of cash, you probably will want to look at TM, G&P, KWA or G&G. VFC is also good but its guns are a little more expensive. Don't be scared off by claims that KWA cannot be upgraded because it has "proprietary" parts. I've had an SR10 for over a year and have upgraded the spring, piston and piston head without problems. Also installed a MOSFET. The only truly proprietary parts have been the gearbox shell and nozzle.

I'm not a KWA fanboy. I just want to dispel any inaccurate rumors and make sure you have the information you need. The main thing is to find a gun make and model that fits you. Keep doing your research. If you have specific questions, feel free to send me a PM.

EDIT: What weapon style do you like - M4/M16, SCAR, Masada, SIG 550 or something more exotic? Do you want something with a RIS (rails) or not? Just trying to get a feel for what you are looking.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  4. poston

poston New Member

Colchester
    Well guns I like the look of are m4/m4 variants, AUG's, and p90's. And unless there is an ak out there for the same price that will outperform any other assualt rifle at that price range. Oh and having a ris isn't important to me.

5. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    For G&P, I'd look at the sentry. For KWA, I'd go with the SR10, KM4 RIS, KM4A1 or one of the CQR series. I wouldn't get the SR10 unless you plan on playing mostly field games. It is pretty long and would probably be cumbersome in a CQB arena. I like the HK416 made by VFC and sold under the Umarex brand. Alex could probably tell you which P90 to look at.

As far as the AUG is concerned, my son has a JG AUG A2 and has used it for years. I hunk he picked it up or a little under $200. I have tried out a TM AK47 and it shot like "Buttah". It had good trigger response, surprisingly long range and fairly accurate. The only problem is that it was under 300 fps. Not good when a player refuses to call his hits.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    If you get a KWA your going to have a bad time... Sub par performance to pretty much anything else in that price range.

I would say

VFC 416 (if you can find one)
    Anything Classic Army

If you want a accurate gun, go with a G&P M14 and upgrade when you want more. Just a recommendation.

7. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Don't forget to check the VFC 417(and 416). You get all the ergonomics of the 416 and the bada$$ery of a 7.62 round.

8. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    If you can find a Classic Army AUG (forget the price, think it may be over $400, not 100% sure though), go with that. Or a TM AUG. Classic Army and G&G Top Techs are great. G&Ps are also good in that price range. You might be able to get a G&G or a VFC Scar.

9. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    Is $350 going toward your entire setup, or just your main weapon?

10. poston

poston New Member

Colchester
    Just the weapon
    20 char.

11. poston

poston New Member

Colchester
    How well does that er 25k perform? Which AUG is better the TM one or the CA? The TM aug high cycle compared to the civilian one, the difference between the two is the appearance and higher rof right, their range and accuracy are the same? Oh and another question can you get a p90 to shoot in field game environments with the right amount of mods/upgrades? Oh and another question i know I'm dreadful, but how well do the G&P sentries perform?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  12. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    1. No idea
    2. The TM the CA aug is the worst aeg CA ever made
    3. No idea
    4. Yes with a spring upgrade compression mods new bucking barrel. Ask Alex about it
    5. Ridiculously well.

13. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    G&P baby. All the way. Save yourself a little of that 350 for some minute upgrades like a nice Hop up, tbb, or something external like a sight or mags or something. G&P will not fail you.

14. poston

poston New Member

Colchester
    That's a shame to hear that about the AUG's

15. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    in reply to your pm, TM p90 is not a good base gun to upgrade. KS p90 is the best upgrade platform for field based p90. if you get a TM, you will be replacing the same parts as the KS but starting at a higher cost.

when you decide on which gun you want to have, then we can start with the performance upgraded (any AEG can be upgraded).

16. Skaterboyjt97

Skaterboyjt97 New Member

If you want a cheap aeg that has power and range buy the fal. On evike its called the Matrix Fal Carbine. Dont get the ris version. Get the Carbine. It costs $190 and out of the box it will shoot 400-450 fps with .20 gram bbs.. Get this gun it has.a realistic bolt catch, and a huge 500 rd hi cap mag. Its all metal with only a fiber handguard and stock.. Buy it , a 6.03 tbb, matrix ht gears , and an m150 spring, the fal comes stock with a poly carb piston with steel teeth, and a reinforced gearbox, slap thos in there and you will have a $250 full metal reliable gun shooting 550 fps + dead accurate at 200 feet or more.. I did it and now 4 of my friends bought this gun.. This is definitely your best bet!!

17. poston

poston New Member

Colchester
  18. willer2122

willer2122 Member

Pittsburgh
    Seeing the augs and p90s, I think I'll suggest the G&G f2000. $335 new but look around for used offers too. I got mine with a rds, 9.6 and madbull 6.03 all for $200. Great range and good accuracy, has adjustable fps, and looks unique. Mines almost completly stock and has around 50 yards of range. A little heavy, but easy to carry with a sling.

19. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Don't listen to this guy.
    1. Way too powerful for any place.
    2. Matrix guns are not good. Not bad, but not good.
    3. I don't think it's a good combo in his price range.