Attitude towards new players and two tone guns?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by cazzer143, Jul 1, 2015.

1. cazzer143

cazzer143 New Member

I'm 16 and looking to start airsoft. It all looks really fun and like a really good time but I was wondering what the normal attitude towards new plays of my age was. This is just a think that caught my mind whilst thinking about it.

Also if I play some games and enjoy it and would like to buy my own gun to get more into the sport, what the attitude towards two tone guns being used is, as I am under 18 and here in the UK you can only have a two tone gun if you are under 18.

Many thanks ^^

2. Threat

Threat New Member

Westfield
    Hey man, I am mainly going to address the tone towards new players. Honestly, just watch YouTube videos and look at what people say is annoying about new players, and just avoid doing it.

Here are some things that, if you avoid, will not get you heated. In all honesty, its not that the player is usually new, its just that they are making uneducated mistakes and decisions that will be corrected as they go on. But, even though starting off is a learning experience, always make sure to not do the big noob things listed below that usually make non-noobs made at beginning players:

• Not calling hits
    • Being incredibly serious and/or tactical without the actual skill to back it up.
    • Telling other people to call their hits
    • Bragging
    • Not showing respect
    • Coming unprepared and expecting people to let you borrow gear.
    • Going full auto on people at 5ft away.

Just avoid doing those things and you should be good, and just remember to have fun!

3. cazzer143

cazzer143 New Member

Thanks, some really useful things to look out for.

4. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Also, be prepared for problems you can't control. Bad refs and older/experienced players who are dicks can't be helped. If you are keeping yourself in check, and being a decent person, that's all that can be expected of you. Plan on having a good time, take the struggles as a part of the experience.

As far as legal two tone goes, it's doesnt matter too much. I can't see why anyone would look down on you for it.

5. cazzer143

cazzer143 New Member

Ah I see. Thank you. :)

6. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    If you have friends who are also interested in starting airsoft, or have friends who already play, consider joining them. It's way more fun when you're not a lone wolf.

7. cazzer143

cazzer143 New Member

Ah ok. I think I have a friend I could convince to come along ^^

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's simple really, be friendly and polite towards other people on the field, play honestly, have good sportsmanship and have fun. If a newbie does this I will have nothing against them, treat them friendly and even offer advice.

9. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    Guys can get really intense during a game. Taking the criticism with a bit of humility, usually take the aggression factor down a lot. Thank them for the helpful correction. That works two ways. First if the guy is seriously trying to help, but heated, then he will think you are ok. If he is being an a-hole, then it will piss him off even more but there will be nothing to criticize and the other guys around will probably get a laugh out of it.

Don't be a doormat, but don't be a ****. And have fun.

10. cazzer143

cazzer143 New Member

Thanks guys for all the advise :)

11. Threat

Threat New Member

Westfield
    No problem man. Honestly, just be yourself, have fun, and try and put the enjoyment of others as close to your top priority as possible, without infringing on your fun.

If you do that, then you will be gold!

12. Caleb3814

Caleb3814 New Member

Hi, I'm also from the UK and was once also 16 playing with a two tone. The general attitude towards two tone guns is all good. It all really depends on where you're going to be playing, I know some sites don't even allow two tones, but the ones that do don't make any fuss about it at all. At the end of the day people are just happy that they have another target to shoot at to fill the site up.

I recommend you check online first to see if your site allows two tones. You really won't have any problems at all 99% of the time players will understand that you're 16 and will understand its what you need to do to play.