Aug a3 not firing

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Bigandrewgold, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Bigandrewgold

Bigandrewgold New Member

So i got an aug yesterday. I fired it a few times so i know it worked fine. Today i decided to open it up quickly. I popped the plastic pin out(the one holding the front end on) then pulled the front end off. About 20 seconds later i put it back together. Now my gun doesnt fire at all. Having a battery plugged in is no different than having it unplugged. It doesnt even try to fire.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the cause to this may be?

2. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    Are you sure your motor connectors and plugged in?

3. Bigandrewgold

Bigandrewgold New Member

i would assume they are. I didnt touch the gearbox at all, or the back half of the gun at all really.

4. measle

measle New Member

I would say make sure the front is flush with the back, and that the pin is fully secure. But that wouldn't have anything to do with it not firing. This sounds dumb, but is the battery dead?

5. Squingelz

Squingelz New Member

Hood River
    Since it is no different when the battery is unplugged or plugged in it is definitely an electrical issue, not mechanical. Where ever the battery plugs into follow that wire and check the fuse and the rest of the wire. You may have to disassemble it a little. Also look up on Youtube for "fuse problems" or "gun wont fire"

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  6. 1iv

1iv New Member

Melissa
    JG AUG gearbox retaining plates have notorious keeper screw issues. Look up inside the stock see if yours has broken loose and crimped the battery lead.