Aug bolt help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by sandtiger, Oct 6, 2012.

1. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

So I was trying to give my jg aug a full travel bolt when my spring guide decided to snap. Has anyone ever tried to do this or at least tried to upgrade this part of an aug? I'd rather not order a whole new assembly so anything helps!!

Attached Files:

2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    That guide is obviously beyond repair. If you don't want to order a completely new one,you could make a WTB ad to see if anyone has that part sitting around.

3. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Thanks IHOP but my second question is "is it possible to give an aug a full travel bolt?" maybe someone has tried this but I haven't had time to think of exactly how to try it yet.

4. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    If you mean a bolt where it goes all the way back, no. I tried the same thing by extending those two rods that push the bolt cover back, something about the design it just doesn't seem possible. At least, I was never able to figure it out.

5. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Do you think a design close to a drawer slide would allow a full travel bolt? What problems did you come across when you tried it?

6. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Jeez, it was so long ago. I had trouble (IIRC) figuring out the proper spacing that would allow for a full travel bolt while still maintaining the bolt lock feature...

I hardly remember, I haven't had my aug for quite a while. But I do know I tried to extend the push rods with no luck. Something may have been getting in the way, or whatever, but I gave up on it for a reason lol.

7. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Thanks I think the only way to do it would be to separate the bolt from the gearbox and attach it to the charging handle. I'll let you know if I ever get around to it!