AUG Problems

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by DFA_Wulf, Aug 6, 2012.

1. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Hello, I just bought an au-4g from airsoft megastore.com a few months ago. Ever since it came out of the box, the charging handle only goes half way back. This may seem like a minor issue, but I need to adjust the hop up for my sights. When I took the gun apart, the slider stops right at a black tube. Anyone who knows whats happening, please help! Any help is wonderful.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Have you tried to turn this black tube? It sounds a bit like the hop up itself.

3. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Here's my JG AUG A2. Do you see how the two black pins are retracted? That's how they should be when you are adjusting your Hop. Maybe they are hitting something?

Edit: Oops... Now do you see the two pins? Heh...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    The bolt on mine used to get jammed about halfway back as well. From what I could see, nothing was interfering with the movement on the tracks. Try lubing it up. I used some silicone spray on all the parts that move and that touch the moving parts. Try that.

5. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Thanks I'm going to home depot to tommorow!

6. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Yes thank you very much! While I was over at my friends house the pin on the right side litteraly just fell out! God airsoft megastore really ballsed up this one!

7. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    Well I found out what was wrong. I honestly should've returned it when i had the chance. Well, it's to late now, so I might as well stop grieving over it. Well, first off, one of the screws that held the charging handle to the rod was scraping against the metal, and slowly unwinding itself. After tightening it, that wasnt the only problem. Megastore did a horrible job with this, pieces have started come out every whick way. Almost 170$ down the drain. Still shoots fine, but dam, if I have to get another airsoft gun so soon...
    Well, thank you for the help. I really need to stop buying guns that I like in real life and just go with the ones that are highly rated and work.
    Have a nice day.