Aug Thread

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by DFA_Wulf, Aug 8, 2012.

1. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
    This is a thread for all people who have aug problems or just want to talk about them.

2. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
    Do you know where I can get 407mm AUG barrels? Inner and outer.

3. DFA_Wulf

DFA_Wulf New Member

Overland Park
  4. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    This thread is too specific

5. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Agreed, make this a AUG thread in general. Pictures, problems, bragging and help.

6. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
  7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's actually very diffcult to find the short type outer barrels for AUG's, a shorter innerbarrel is easy to find though, just get a regular AEG barrel with the desired length. It is possible to use a slightly shorter innerbarrel without shortening the outer barrel, but you shouldn't shorten the inner barrel too much.

I guess this is a good place to mention this, a warning or tip to anyone that's gonna do internal work on an AUG: The motor cage has a minor design flaw that you should be aware of. The motor cage is mounted at a higher angle than most V3 gearboxes, and with the motor slightly off center of the gearbox opening. This places the pinion gear dangerously close to the AR latch, and can cause serious issues. I had to shorten the AR latch and round the inner edge of the pinion gear to avoid contact between the pinion gear and AR latch. There's a higher risk of this happening when shimming by the bevel gear method, as it places the pinion gear slightly further in and the bevel gear and AR latch slightly higher than with traditional shimming.