Augmented Reality: Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Polanski27, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Hello everyone,

I have posted up my server few times on different threads, and found it appropriate to make an official thread to the server! To everyone that wants to join, check out the website www.augmentedreality.enjin.com, and the server IP is 198.23.140.130:25605. We have a very secure server that is growing, at the moment we have about 4 - 5 regulars. We are a survival only server, that features MCMMO, iConomy, sign shops, MCJobs, and a few other plugins as well. Also we take every suggestion into account, and unless it really doesn't make sense we will put it in. We are currently decorating the start for Christmas, and are going to set up an architecture competition regularly when we get a few more regulars. Now here are a few of screenshots that I have taken (keep in mind that we are still in the construction phase.

2. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I was banned for nothing....

3. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    ill look into that...

4. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    if you want to join the server you must register on the website, its to ensure players are serious, and less hackers/griefers join

5. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    I pmd you... a moment ago...

6. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Ya I got it. Glad we got that mess cleared up. If you have any suggestions for the server post them here.

7. soviet

soviet New Member

We need a way to /bid kind of plugin. Instead of using chat you use a command to bid.

8. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    So far I'm enjoying it.

A few suggestions.
    Nerf those creepers that blow up.
    Think about having a farm set up for new guys so they actually have a food source.
    More people would be nice.

9. soviet

soviet New Member

We have one the shire. Ask polan for perms.

10. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Yes I agree more people would be nice and that takes time and proper advertising. Unerring creeper wouldn't make much sense... it's just another mob you have to learn howt repel them or buy land protection so you don't have to worry about it. As for a community farm for newer players that is something that we can look into. I like that idea a lot.

11. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    You just nerf it so it doesn't blow up land. It still hurts you.

Are you on now?

12. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Most servers nerf creepers because it is so easy to use them as undetectable grief tools. Just lead a small group of them to a building and let them destroy it for you. It leaves no trace.

13. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    That is why you buy land protection with iConomy money... its essentially nerfing creepers just for your plot of land.

14. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Server update: Building a massive castle, and it seems most of the players are joining in on it, I plan on taking up an entire biome for this project, so for those that havent joined in, and want to just ask me and ill give you perms to do so.

15. soviet

soviet New Member

I would, and I plan on making the Kremlin. It will have hotel/armory/shop/farm. In and around it. I will need a few hundred stacks of stone bricks. :p

16. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    lol ya i have already went through the equivalent of about 5 double chests full of stone brick for our walls and towers :p i also am gonna need about 2 stacks of iron block for my legion of iron golems to protect my castle and village.

17. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Wow that's a wonderful idea. What combination of plugins do you run to make that work? Is it an automated system?

18. JAM98

JAM98 New Member

waukesha
    The thread rocks and the castle is coming along greatly with a farm, church, stable, and a community village its awesome

19. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    I believe the plugin we use is WorldGuard for land protection, and then with the iConomy plugin there is an economy option where you just delete however much the land costs out of the persons bank. its really handy. there are so many commands for WorldGuard though. you can set welcome and leaving messages whenever you leave a persons plot. Hense why we have MCJobs so that players can earn money just by doing whatever they want to pay for protected land. MCJobs also comes with its own leveling system so the higher your level in a certain job the more money you make at it. but for all this to run you have to have knowledge of the plugins and have someone as the designated "land protector/banker" of sorts to run all the commands.

20. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    Once the King's Residence is done in the castle, then I will post pictures of it up on here. It's not too far away from completion, but the castle itself will be ever growing :)