Autonomous Sentry Gun Project

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Recon_GTA, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Recon_GTA

Recon_GTA New Member

I've been working on a Sentry Gun project lately. Basically, three SG90 Towerpro servos, connected to an Arduino UNO R3 under the command of a computer automatically aim and fire at movement detected by a webcam. Since the SG90s are real small, I'm going in for the lightest airsoft handguns to mount, which shouldn't be a big problem to find.

I'll be posting videos and pictures of the developement in here.

All I need now is to do the wiring. I also fitted the fragile parts of the sentry (e.g. the Arduino) into a shell, with several holes for wires to pass through. I think this will come out nicely.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

If youre looking for a gun to mount I would highly recommend an AEP of some sort. You could easily remove it from its shell and wire it to the arduino. Also I imagine you could extend the magazine rather easily.

3. Recon_GTA

Recon_GTA New Member

I thought so too. Initially, I got my eyes on a Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle
    AEP. The magazine capacity is already nice, but it could use a little modification. Hopefully, the tiny SG90 servos are able to sustain the Desert Eagle's 400 grams.

4. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

Having to put the electronics in a gun shape is pretty inneficient. My suggestion is take it apart. Itll be hellofa lot lighter and you could use an autowinding feed tube instead of a mag.