Airsoft Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Premium Member
6,418 Posts
Not. Tappetless nozzle designs have been done before.
True, it's been common in Systema PTWs for many years. I dont get why they try to get rid of the tappet plate. It's one ofthe parts i have the least issues with really.

Reactions: Not DMR

· Registered
352 Posts
I mean, the gearbox is just the same old stuff—worse, modeled after the Ares GB shell.

I think the CH could be useful for very high RPS and/or DSGs, but it has to work with those builds first.

I will also mention that as a new tech (honestly not that long ago), I would have killed for the a simple solution for my CH, tappet, and nozzle.

· Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well guys, I just ended up taking the Aztech out and putting my original tappet assembly back in. I will revisit the problem when I have time, but any others of you guys who are working with the tappetless CH are free to post here.

· Registered
468 Posts
Still limited on time to experiment but last night I put a cylinder in where the port was 21.9mm ended away from the rear. I also put in 13:1 gears and the cylinder head and an M120 spring.
I also put in the weaker air nozzle spring and took off one of the o-rings that was on the air nozzle. Put it back together and then chronoed it and it read 1.05 joules. I then put it on full auto and it jamed after about 10 rounds. So I am guessing that the nozzle is slightly too long.
But at least it seems possible to get good joules. I will experiment more when I get time.

· Premium Member
676 Posts
Still limited on time to experiment but last night I put a cylinder in where the port was 21.9mm ended away from the rear. I also put in 13:1 gears and the cylinder head and an M120 spring.
I also put in the weaker air nozzle spring and took off one of the o-rings that was on the air nozzle. Put it back together and then chronoed it and it read 1.05 joules. I then put it on full auto and it jamed after about 10 rounds. So I am guessing that the nozzle is slightly too long.
But at least it seems possible to get good joules. I will experiment more when I get time.
That sounds promising.

· Registered
468 Posts
Shortened the air nozzle by 0.3mm and now it is firing at 0.8j but feeding well (only around 27rps).
But I want more RPS and higher joules. My aim is 1.13j at around 50+. I will be running it in semi or binary. The reason being is I want the shortest possible sound signature so that my position is not given away so easily.

I was using a DSG and all you could really hear was the piston slap. I thought that I would try the tappetless nozzle as it may be quieter which it does have a different sound but probably not as quiet as I wanted.

Maybe I could use a Brushless motor mixed with 12:1 gears but have an air brake (The aztech CH cannot take an air brake). I do have a piston head that has a good air brake and it used to work on a rifle that fired about 18rps. I did not try it over 18rps as the brake slows the piston seating. But if I have an extra snappy rifle and only use semi or binary, then I may be onto a winner regarding volume.

· Registered
281 Posts
Still, it might be fixable. If not, maybe I can get a deal worked out with brill for defective merchandise...on the bright side, it's great we have multiple people trying this product and figuring out the problems.
It's not great. It's a scam. They have us paying for their R&D on an unfinished product that they have now updated, but we have to pay for the fix(you have to pay more for a working product, knowing they sold us a non-working product)? I bought one direct from "Aztech Innovations" in 2021 and it wont reset. Ask the company what I need to do to get it to reset and have been ignored. So to get a working product, I'm supposed to spend more? I was never told I was supporting R&D, and in doing so I should be given a finished product for helping support R&D. So, I contacted the Australian government about Aztech Innovations practice of selling unfinished products without informing the customer. That was months ago, and as I live in the states I've not receieved updates as to how the Aussies have handled this scam. I paid over $70 to get this, and Aztech has not been helpful.

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Yeah I'm a bit peeved they're still "updating" their design and selling old versions.
Welcome to the wonderful world of en-masse Beta-Testing. Big videogsme develop we rs do it all the time and make snotloads of $$$ doing so; so why don't he airsoft companies do the same thing?

· Registered
281 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of en-masse Beta-Testing. Big videogsme develop we rs do it all the time and make snotloads of $$$ doing so; so why don't he airsoft companies do the same thing?
Videogames and airsoft components are not comparable. With the videogame I have the product and when updates occur I can easily add the update(s) to my existing product. With what we are talking about here, in order to get the updated product(from non-working to working product) we have to pay the cost of a new component. If this had been done to us in the States we would have already filed with multiple government agencies for 'Aztech not informing the customer of purchasing a non-working product in prototyping phase'. Which is exactly what has happened here. If they were an honest company, they would go through their mailing list and offer initial buyers a massive reduced price on design update models for their apprication for supporting R&D. We were lead to believe we were buying a finished product. They lied. They owe us!

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
It's not great. It's a scam. They have us paying for their R&D on an unfinished product that they have now updated, but we have to pay for the fix(you have to pay more for a working product, knowing they sold us a non-working product)?
Allow me to introduce you to Sig Sauer.

· Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Scam might be a bit harsh. This is an experimental product, shouldn't be expecting 100% compatibility and an ez drop-in experience. Same with the TSG and other fringe/experimental products - these are for experienced techs to tinker with, something new and challenging to try after you've done it all. Lonex didn't refund everyone after their slot-cut CHs started cracking gearboxes, Maxx didn't with their early gen chambers, etc. That's my mentality anyway, reason I'm still interested in taking a look.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts