Bakersfield players

Discussion in 'California Airsoft Forum' started by viperU7, Jul 23, 2012.

1. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    Hey everyone. I just moved across country to Bakersfield Cali. So I'm tryin to get an idea of the players out here. Let me know if anyone wants to play sometime.

2. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

We play every other Sunday at poso creek. For info go to the shop on 18th street or search them on the web at gorillaairsoft.com

3. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Umm not that I know of I'm just a local player I think the only time a team gets formed is for lion claws or something like that. Wouldn't say there isn't a team tho

4. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Yeah pretty much unless there is a major event going on. I'm strictly a sniper I dont own an aeg nor do I really want to and poso has a good amount of room and cover where sc viper down south is kinda small and I'm not very usefull.

5. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

We also get pretty good turnouts to our last game even in 100 degree weather. 50+ people turned out and played

6. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    That's not bad. I think the smallest game I've been to was about 300. I have a svd that I play with but I really need to work on it and improve it.

7. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

300? That's a lot and what kind of svd do you have?

8. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Yeah I agree I use spring also. U should throw in a tighbore barrel and bucking luckily for you the a&k uses aeg springs buckings and barrels. So I'd do that if it was my gun.

9. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    Yea I was planning on a 600mm 6.01 angel barrel. But I was thinking about using a co2 kit for it too.

10. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Im kinda iffy on the co2 rigs.

11. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    ViperU7, start using proper spelling. It is a part of the rules and not complying will result in your posts being deleted.
    "U" is not a proper substitute for "you" here.

The CO2 kit is not the most reliable. If I were you, I'd properly upgrade the SVD.

12. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Yeah the co2 kits are not very consistent from what I've seen as far as fps.

13. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Not only FPS, but they also tend to release all the gas at once.

14. BullDozer

BullDozer New Member

Viper, don't try to argue either. Shifty has the best airsoft SVD on the planet.

15. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    Thanks for the input but I think I may get one just to try it out.

16. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Yeah I had a tanaka that did that once when it was really cold outside. I'd never seen a gas bolt action gun do it before. I think it was just a freak thing. And shifty is your svd spring ,gas or electric?

17. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield

18. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    Was it a gas or co2 bolt? Because green gas will not work in the cold. A friend of mines gas revolver exploded once when he tried to use it one the winter.

19. viperU7

viperU7 New Member

Bakersfield
    Hey shifty what parts would you suggest that I get for my stock svd?

20. BullDozer

BullDozer New Member

Woah triple post! But anywho I do not think you should take the chance with the co2 kit.